Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tested, Tasted, Totally Delicious: Week 3

I am seriously enjoying trying out new recipes and sharing them with you all!  This week we're on our third trial of yummy goodness from Pinterest and around the web.

I love bringing you easy foods that are healthier than a drive thru or carryout. 

One cut of meat I love to purchase is organic chicken breast tender.  If you opt to not buy it organic its a cheaper choice from the meat counter.  Chicken breast tenders are very versatile and offer you savings and health savings with portion control.

When most of us think about chicken breast tenders we think about, well...chicken tenders.  I love chicken tenders but I tend to like mine baked and not fried.  So I took to Pinterest to give me some ideas as to how to fix the batch I purchased.

There are a blue million recipes out there and most are very redundant.  However, I found a total winner for anyone who likes some spice!

Let me introduce you to my new go-to dinner. It’s, like, the most perfect weeknight meal, ever. I mean, 5 ingredients? You can’t go wrong. Ready in 45 minutes? It couldn’t be easier. Tastes so ridiculously good that you and your fiancé eat enough servings to feed a family of five, and still fight each other to lick the dish? It happened.
Via
This recipe comes from{cookingwithcakes.com}.  It is her version of sweet and spicy chicken and I adore it.  It only calls for 5 main ingredients and chances are you have them all.  I did not have the siracha so I used my Frank's Hot Sauce in place of it.  It was divine and the kids loved it too.


What do you need?


45 minutes and a good oven
Chicken tenders or breasts you can cut into tender style portions
Brown Sugar
Honey
Ketchup
Sriracha (or hot sauce if you're me)
Salt and Pepper

Click the link and get to cooking!  I served with fresh green beans and mac n cheese (because three out of four members of this family eat it!)

See ya next week with another recipe and tomorrow with something on my brain...who knows what!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!