Monday, August 11, 2014

Hold The Crayons: My Work Station

I am not an avid crafter.  I cannot sew.  I am not interested in scrap booking.  Knitting to me means you have head lice.  Crochet is something three grandmas ago did.  I'm just not really a crafter.  I do like to play with paint and I like to be organized so some how that may morph me into some type of crafter.  Ok there's my disclaimer!

I needed a file cabinet.  You know this.

I got a file cabinet.  You know this.




I didn't think it was pretty or worthy of my blogging area (and when I say blogging area I mean it wasn't worthy of the area where we charge our computer and print out coupons ok?)

So I took that black, standard, run of the mill filing cabinet + some Valspar spray paint + Krylon Glitter Spray and I made this....



It took three cans of the light green paint to do this and one day.  I'm happy!



My desk is a re-purposed, antique desk that my great grandparents had.  I love old stuff like that!

I'm a calendar freak.  I stumbled upon this calendar at The Dollar Tree.  It matches perfectly!




So there's my new work station!


Have you prettied up something lately?  Share it in the comments so I can come check out your hot work too!



1 comment:

  1. How cute! You did a great job. Spray paint is always my go to for turning something not so great into something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!