Thursday, August 7, 2014

August {Prepping}: I think Thursday


The preparation for getting up a little earlier took a backseat yesterday.  The kids spent Tuesday night at my mom's house.  That was a welcome reprieve!  So they got to stay up later and wake up later.


I also took advantage of the morning without getting them ready for the day and sat on the couch with coffee and remote in hand.  Ok, it was only like an hour but it was nice!

***

The filing cabinet I mentioned in Tuesday's post has been sitting on my porch - completed - awaiting its move into the house.  Problems I am running into include: A husband who cannot lift over 20lbs for a while.  And myself never doing steroids to create a beastly set of muscles that would allow me to lift it with one hand.

I hope that my Friday post will show you how my clutter piles disappeared.  I also hope it will show the filing cabinet in it's new home (so that the clutter piles can disappear).

My laundry room is becoming my catch all room.  I want to make it more functional than it currently is.  My goal for the end of the week and weekend is to transform this room a bit and make it ready for the fall.

Eeek I cannot believe I said ready for the fall....let me go weep now.

I'm badly wanting to make a command center in the laundry room but I am afraid my space is too limited.

Let's see what happens.  

Do you have tips?

----

On with the show.  If you follow my Instagram then (some of this) will be easier to understand.


I think... that a Tuesday date night is fabulous.

I think... that I need to add a few staple pieces to my wardrobe that I am shocked I do not have.

I think... the dog days of summer have totally returned.

I think... my daughter could possibly be the Material Girl for a new generation and that is scary (clothing ya'll....her clothing....that's all.)


I think... I am a total Scorpio and though I do not regularly (or ever) follow the stars it is freaky how yesterday's was dead on track for the current event in my life.

I think... that freaked me out.

I think... cooking is still my favorite thing to do.

I think... cleaning up after I cook sucks.

I think... its time for a dog.




I think... the animal shelter (not where I live but another one) pissed me off so bad I could bite their ankles.

I think... this weekend I'll be doing a lot of organizing so I can be somewhat blog worthy hahahahahaha!

I think... I have been back to regular blogging for three weeks and it is awesome how supportive my old bloggy friends have been and even newbies have been to me.  

I think... ya'll are awesome!









2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love coffee on the couch, remote in hand (and not using that remote to flip between Disney, Disney Jr and Nick Jr). Unfortunately this only seems to happen when the kids are at their grandparents for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is paradise! I tried to email you back but you are a no reply blogger :(

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!