Thursday, August 21, 2014

Birthday Boy Week: I don't go crazy



{Via}



Though sometimes I do go crazy (because I'm a wife and mom and at home a lot) I do not go crazy over birthdays.

I'm such an atypical blogger.  

I see bloggy friends who have these HUGE bashes for their kid's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 13th, 54th birthdays.

That's just not how I roll.

Last year - good cake.

Don't get me wrong I like a good birthday celebration but to me that's a yummy cake and some good champagne.  Champagne at a kid's part is a little necessary not necessary though haha.

Kids are simple (unless you groom them otherwise) and I prefer embracing that simplicity.  

This weekend my Little Man turns two.  Yes, its hard to believe he'll be two years old; yes, I think his babyhood flew by at great speed and yes it is a bit sad.  In a week and a half my daughter will turn lucky number seven.  Am I baffled at that mere turn of another calendar year?  Yes, it scares me.  At the speed this is all happening it looks like I'll be picking out my retirement trailer in T minus twenty.

I love retro pics...sorry not sorry.


The coolest part, for me, about birthday time, is I realize neither of my kids care about decorations or photo booths or having a $450 blow away bouncy house here.  They are into their friends, good food, giggles, and running around screaming.  That's the perk of birthdays....lots of giggling and screaming because you're a little kid and you can do it and not get strange looks or a police cruiser to ride in.


I guess that's why our party (which will be mainly family with some wonderful friends coming too) will consist of hot dogs and fixings, cake, and the toys in the back yard for entertainment.

  


It may not be pin worthy but it will be a good time centered around a cute little birthday boy and his soon to turn seven sister.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!