Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Its The First Day...In the First Grade

My daughter used to watch VeggieTales all the time.  In one show Junior Asparagus is singing a song about the first day in the first grade and second day in the second grade, etc.  That song has been burning up my brain.

On Monday my Diva began the first grade.  And zooooom went life...



For the first time ever my child had jitters.  The night before school she kept waking up and giving me a bogus excuse as to why she was up.  Finally, I sat down with her and said, "Are you nervous about school?"  She had tears coming in her eyes and shook her head yes.  I reassured her she would still love school and she would have no worries the minute she walked into the school. A good batch of you know that school like the back of your hand and your teacher will love you to pieces (she already knows her) and you know the kids at your table helped her finally fall asleep.

I hated going to school.  I never saw joy in going to school.  Never.  For the first time I could relate to my kid as far as school goes.  The night before classes I was sick and sad.  But I always learned after you walk through the door its all gravy.

I pray for all the school kids to have a good year.  I hope they are all compassionate to others and passionate to learning.  I hope they make good decisions and learn more than we can imagine.  I also pray their teachers are empathetic and sympathetic.  I pray they are in the job they love and will show each child the love that a good mom and dad do as they instruct and nurture for 7ish hours of interaction time.  I hope that the students, teachers, staff, and parents all give their best to make this year safe, productive and awesome.

Let's do this.






1 comment:

  1. So sweet :) :) Hope your cutie is enjoying the rest of her first week!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!