Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap: Birthday!

Our weekend was great and I hope yours was.  Today my baby girl begins first grade!  I cannot believe she's already nearly seven and in her second year of elementary school.  Time goes by in a blink.

Speaking of time going by in a blink, my Little Man turned 2 over the weekend.  As mentioned last week we had our party and it was a success.  It was great to have family and friends over but man was it a whirlwind for this mama!  I didn't get many pictures at all :(  but I have some mental memories for now yay!



Sunday was the actual birthday.  We went out to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and then to the Greensboro Science Center.  I hadn't been there since I was a little thing so it was so fun to go back.  If you are in North Carolina you should plan to go here for a day.  They have so much!  The have a zoo (with tigers, gibbons, howler monkeys, tortoises, red pandas, snakes, turtles, etc) and an aquarium with sharks, rays, penguins, and so much more.  They also have a dinosaur exhibit, geology exhibit, human body exhibit, space, and plenty of play areas.

I stamped the picture wrong...its the Greensboro Science Center...didn't want confusion!

Shots from the aquarium:  

The large tank was awesome and reminded us of Ft. Fisher's aquarium, lots of sea life living in there!  

The touch tank was a big hit.  Little Man enjoyed the water while Diva loved actually touching the rays.  

How about some penguins?  I swear I need one.  They were so cute!  

Dad and Little Man posing for me.  

The bubble is super cool it was in the otter's area.  You could literally walk into the bubble and be in there with the otters!  

Of course I had to get a shot of the shark.


Shots from what I refer to as the original structure (because I'm old school...apparently!)

This place rocks because its a mix of The Children's Museum, SciWorks, Natural History Museum, Zoo, and aquarium all in one.  If school systems aren't taking advantage of this gem they need to check into it STAT!

The kids enjoyed playing in various activity rooms.  The water table was a HUGE hit with all four of us.

The dinosaurs were a plus for the boys.

Right now they are hosting a Pirate special (but we didn't take advantage of visiting it this trip).


Shots from the animal park

I love this....my favorite picture is on the left in the middle.  Its Little Man and a Meerkat.  The tiny Meerkat is looking at Little Man like, "Hello big yet small human.  How may I help you?"  Little Man is looking down like "What in the world are you?"


See the monkey?  He's a Howler Monkey.  He is why I am not a monkey fan.  Do you see how he can contort himself?  He was a total show off.  Before you knew it he was pressed against the glass.  Monkeys scare the crap out of me.  They are little and spidery and smart and deceiving and remember that movie where the monkey gave the guy the disease that virtually was about to wipe out the human race.  Yep, keep that monkey over there.


I don't care if it is my cousin.

Tigers are huge and massive and sleep like my husband.

Why do they always have farm animals at zoos?  Ok duh not everyone lives where I do, that's why.  

Best animal awards go to:  The Alpaca who I named Snow White and should have brought home in my mid size sedan.  And the insane tortoise that was a speed demon who liked to crap in front of the other tortoises.

They also are one of two zoos that have Gibbons in the USA but I didn't take a picture....because they are monkeys.  Just kidding...because I didn't care much about them.  The tortoises were cooler.

It was a great weekend.  Honestly, great is an understatement.  Happy birthday Little Man.  You're the bomb diggity...next to sister golden hair.

See ya tomorrow!  We'll be eating something good...



2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great weekend! Cracker Barrel... YUM! Love their hash brown casserole and biscuits and gravy. The last time I was in NC my friend introduced me to Bojangles. OMG!! So delicious! I am so sad I would have to drive 13 hours to get some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly! Bojo is good every now and then but I cannot do it too much....in college that was a different story. Bojangles has the ability to help cure a hangover I believe LOL!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!