Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August {Prepping}: Home & Human Organization Amateur Style 2

Day 2 of the getting used to waking up earlier and shaking a leg wasn't quite as smooth for me as it was on Day 1.  Just sharing that.  The Diva did great though!  I didn't have to wake her up.  She got up on her own.



So what is going on around here today.  Well, more prepping for the weeks ahead.  Today I'll focus more on the kid(s).

There are a few BIG things I want to get accomplished and or begin this month or early next month.  They are as follows:

1.  Diva must know how to tie her shoes.
2.  Begin the Great Commission.
3.  Utilize a chore chart.

Let's take a quick glimpse at these.

1.  Diva must know how to tie her shoes.

Good grief.  I wish I'd known this about 5 years ago.  Teaching Logan to tie his shoes was pure torture and tears from both of us.
Whaaaat?

She's going to be 7 and she doesn't know how to tie her shoes.  I'm not sure when I learned but I believe it was in kindergarten.  Here's why I say that:  we had a center in Kindergarten that was a lace up boot on a piece of paper and we tied them.

Apparently, school doesn't do that anymore.

UGHHH!

Look, I have tried numerous times to teach this child how to tie her shoes.  I have failed miserably each and every time.

So now her Nana gets to teach her.  

I told Diva that she had to learn by August 25th or she would be wearing flip flops every day and get a bad grade in P.E.

Yeah I threaten.  What you gonna do about it?

Ha!

2.  Begin the Great Commission.

Commission Worksheet for Kids --> From Dave Ramsey
I found this on another blog and I love it!

I want to teach my Diva the importance and value of a dollar.  I just learned on my own.  I never really got an allowance or anything but growing up with teenage parents you learn the value of a buck real fast.  Ok you did in the 80s not sure about the 2000's when credit is maxed out and Teen Mom is considered Socially Acceptable (idiots).  

I really like the idea (perhaps this is Dave Ramsey) of the commission for work performed.  This is why I need to get my butt in gear over number 3.

3.  Utilize a chore chart.

I have done this very nonchalantly before.  This month I want to step up my game and make it mean something.  She's nearly 7 and not regressing in age.  It is time that she learns more of being accountable first hand.







And this is why I drink.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!