Monday, August 4, 2014

...Party Down South (???) Weekend...


August arrived last week, right?  It really crept up.  Oh well.

Our first weekend of August was great.

We enjoyed a day of shopping and amusement rides at the local mall.  When did going to get clothing and shoes become a time to ride carousels and do jumpy jump things?  When Nanas were invented I guess.  
No, we didn't get this.  But I had to giggle.  Belk was always a nicer store and then you see this stuff in it?!?!

Little Man, yes barefoot, his big purchase was new shoes.  Only after a ride on the plastic stallion.

My Diva opted to be a total diva in the shell carriage.

Friday night I actually watched Frozen for the first time.  I'm not a big fan of animated flicks.  My husband enjoyed it.  I just thought it was another Disney movie.  Sorry guys, I just don't get into it!  My daughter informed me it was her fourth time seeing the movie and she sang along with it like all the other kids do these days.

LOVE this movie...I can see where it was adapted from a play.

After the kids went to bed we watched August:  Osage County.  Correct me if I'm wrong but Julia Roberts doesn't age.  I liked the movie.  Meryl Streep is probably the best actress around today.

Admitting:  We watch this.  Admitting:  They probably all do!

Saturday was gloomy.  We ran errands.  We caught up on DVR material.  And then....

Dear Lord we're ready for Walmart and BBQ!

The ladies made the party.  Hello 20 months pregnant, electric zebra, the queen of the double wide trailer, yours truly, ms. high life, and the Bud girl.
Ok, no HE made the party.  LOVE the pasties!!!!


Yes.  We white trashed it up for the night.  Our friend Marc's 30th birthday is this week and his wifey threw him a fun birthday bash! 





Sunday we spent at Dan Nicholas Park.  Picnic in the back of the Exploder, friendly goats, more carouseling, and lots of fun.



This week on the blog we're focusing on planning for birthdays and all things August around these parts.  I hope you'll tune in!


3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. the outfits at the party are HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! There were a lot of laughs over our creativity. But nothing is better than a HUGE baby bump and short alls with duct tape pasties!

      Delete
  2. That party looks awesome! Absolutely hilarious!
    www.518nymammaof2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!