Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Favorites....This week.

Momfessionals



Tomorrow is the birthday party!  I'm so excited to see friends I haven't seen in quite a while and enjoy the giggles of the littles in the backyard.  I'm also totally stoked about cake.  I love cake.


Ok guys here's my Friday 5 --- its a random hodge podge.



1.  You met Chippy (Ethel)

On Wednesday I introduced you to Chippy (Ethel)!!!  She's our new puggle.  Gosh, I love this dog.  Even more reason to love her?  She is my daughter's body guard.  Tuesday night I had showered and taken out my contacts and put my Coke bottle thick glasses on.  The dog has never seen me clean wearing glasses.  She was on my daughter's bed and I started walking towards her room.  Dear Chippy (Ethel) lunged from the bed barking and snarling at me.  Then she realized who I was and had a mild heart attack.  Just kidding.  Seriously, she did go into attack mode on my tail.  Lesson learned:  Don't mess with Chippy (Ethel) when she's with the kids....she'll eff you up.


2.  Recipes

I am so stoked to be trying out recipes and sharing them with you guys (on Tuesdays).  I really love cooking above and beyond the way a normal human being should.  I was mapping out September posts and the most excited I became was when I was looking at all the recipes.


3.  I cannot believe summer break is over

My daughter goes back to school on Monday.  Wow. I am totally ecstatic over that but also a little lost without her and her sassy self around.  It is odd not going to work (because I loved working in elementary school last year) hopefully before you know it I'll be busy making my substitute rounds.  I'm also sad that another speedy year is starting up. I know teachers don't feel that it is too speedy but for parents it is.  I was told that when my daughter started school the years would go faster.  Guys, that is so on target.  My baby is in first grade....ZOOM.

Fall Fashion for the Heat
Go visit Lisa Loves John Blog!

4.  I wish I had some money

I would love to get some new clothes for fall.  Oh wait I live in NC and that whole fall thing isn't a worry until maybe October...ok seriously November.  One of my new fave bloggers {Lisa Loves John} posted some cute ideas for outfits for fall when fall is a gazillion degrees...loved them all.  Link above.

My guy in May 2013....love this picture of my chunky baby boy.  He's turning two on Sunday!


5.  My boy

On Sunday my son will be two years old.  He's my last baby and he's my heart.  The speed at which he is growing and learning is amazing.  He makes me laugh and sometimes want to scream simaltaneously.  He's a total blessing.  He's made us all better from dad to mom to big sister.  Thank you God for my sweet boy.  Please always keep him healthy and safe.

Have a fabulous weekend.


12 comments:

  1. Hi there! Just visiting you from the linkup! I agree that fall is like MONTHS away, but still love seeing all the posts of cute clothes, pumpkin spice, and cooler weather. We're just not there yet. Soon... very soon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the speed at which this year is going you got that SOON part right! Happy weekending and thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. I can't believe that summer break is over either. I'm one of the teachers you're talking about who doesn't feel like the year goes by quickly (at times it does, and other times it draaaaaags) but I get what you're saying. Soon enough it'll be Halloween and then Christmas. I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sending you vibes of caffeine and happy your way all year! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. I love to blog recipes too, they are my favourite posts to write and to read! Chippy is very very cute, as is your son!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, I think the kid and dog are cuties myself too! Recipes are the best....love cooking! Thanks for coming by my spot on the web. Happy weekending!

      Delete
  4. I can't believe it is fall almost. We already started getting fall like weather. I loved her post especially that outfit! Even up here if I work that with a blazer it would be perfect. Happy weekend and happy almost birthday to your little one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutest outfits I swear girl! I am a summer girl but fall is a fun time too...I just wish it would take over winter...hehe. Thanks for the birthday wishes to my little one! Happy weekending!

      Delete
  5. That outfit is so adorable! I'm a teacher, so I totally feel your back to school pain. That's fun that you can sub, so you're still in the schools a little. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Popping over from the link-up! How fun that you will be posting recipes on Tuesdays. I'll have to pop back and check them out! Hope your family's transition back to school goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clicking in from the link up. Can't wait to see some of your recipes on Tuesday! Hope your party goes great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clicking over from the link up. Can't wait to see your recipes on Tuesday. Hope your party goes great!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!