Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Prepping August: Birthday Boy





My son will be turning two this month.  Part of me is like really just 2 and the other part is like freaking out screaming: seriously he'll be 2 where did the time go?  Very odd with your second if you ask me.  With my first child I felt like all of her days just flew by and I still cannot fathom her turning seven next month.  With Mr. Little Man its like do I feel like its rushed or do I feel like its not?  Maybe that's just me though...


In preparation for his birthday I like to get my ideas together as to what would make a good gift for this birthday.  As soon as the invites go out several friends and family members will ask what would make a good gift.  I wonder if it was like that when I was a child.  I just remember the days when Fisher Price and Play Skool were the way to go and you didn't really ask the parents.

I took some time and found some things that fit our soon-to-be-two-year-old to a tee.  Perhaps, these ideas will fit a certain little dude you know well for the gifting season too!



It is no strange choice of colors I used...our little guy loves tractors!  So maybe the John Deere coloring is right on point.

So what made our list:


  • Nesting & Sorting Barn by Melissa & Doug - You probably noticed the farm theme going on here!  Our little guy is all about tractors, trucks, and animals.  I love Melissa & Doug toys because they promote learning and fun and the items are so durable.

  • Fun on the Farm Play Set by Learning Curve - What a fun play set for pretty much any small child.  I bet my seven year old would have fun with this too.

  • Chunky Farm Puzzle by Melissa & Doug - Puzzles are fabulous ways to stimulate the neurons in the brain guys!  Get your kids on puzzles ASAP!

  • Hooded Fire Truck Pullover by Gymboree - We live close to a fire station and our little guy adores seeing the trucks out for a wash, drive, or responding to a call.  He also loves playing with his Tonka Fire Truck.  So why not add a little fire truck cuteness to the closet?\

  • Bubble Puppy Plush by Nickelodeon - The favorite show around here is Bubble Guppies.  When this show comes on Little Man is entranced like no other show.  He loves Bubble Puppy.  What a sweet plush!

  • Counting Puzzle - Learning and hands on....I'm sold! 

  • Tie Tee by Crazy 8 - I love Crazy 8!  They have awesome prices and cute clothes.  For our NC falls we generally are on the comfy side.  So gifting long sleeve t shirts for the birthday are great!

  • Roll Cuff Pants by Crazy 8 - As I just noted we have comfy falls that don't really require a winter wardrobe.  Roll cuff pants make playing in variable temps so much easier!  Roll down for cooler days and roll up for warmer day. 
  • Textured Rib Half Zip Pull Over by Old Navy - I love this pull over.  Its great for church or other outings where you may need to be a bit more dressy.

Also, I love to note that a two year old really doesn't get the birthday deal yet so its still a great time to give necessities.  Trainer cups, diapers and wipes, socks, and all those expensive necessities are still a great idea for birthday number 2!  Remember its the paper and box that really matter to the little folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!