Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August {Prepping}: Home & Human Organization Amateur Style

I'm going to say that subconsciously I know summer is winding down but consciously I will remain in denial.

In four weeks my little girl will be in the first grade and that means that I'll either be awaiting sub calls or {hopefully} be re-employed.  Either way I know I have to bring some organization to our home.

When school is out things are way more lax than normal.  When school is in we have to have more organization and structure or I go insane.

This week I'm tackling two things:

1.  Get rid of the clutter
2.  Get the kid on a track back to school time routines

And to be honest number two also includes the nearly 2 year old.  He's had it super easy and now I have to get him used to waking up before he wants to and getting dressed before 11 AM.  Truth!

Getting rid of the clutter.

This was simple.  I had stacks of crap that needed to be kept and not thrown away (like taxes and statements, etc).  
I also had some school stuff that needed a home until it was time to refill empty binders and crayon boxes.

I don't have tons of this stuff lying around (I swear, dear husband this isn't a lot compared to people in both our families).  So the trick was to get a good ole filing cabinet.



Luckily, I scored a free one (thanks mom).



Unfortunately, it was just your run of the mill ugly, not fit for a home, filing cabinet.

Enter Lowes + Valspar spray paint.

I'm in the process of bedazzling the thing now.  I'll have pics up later in the week!

All of my necessary clutter will be housed in this fine contraption.  I will also have plenty of room for anything extra that needs to be kept as well!

Get the kid on track.

So this week the Diva is going to a morning vacation bible school.  The first of August is perfect-o for a morning VBS and for helping her (and the other two summer vacay slackers) get used to waking up before noon.  Ok I get up way before noon, as does the Little Man, but you get what I'm saying.  Getting a move on with our day!

I must admit when the hubby's alarm was going off in the morning I would just roll over and catch a few more Zzz's.  Well, no more.  I'm getting into my groove again.  I get up and have my coffee and get ready for the day (clothes and possibly make up possibly not).  Then its time to wake up the Diva from her deep slumber.  Now she cannot sleep til 10 (yes, she does that at 6) nor can she stay in pajamas til 1 (yes I allow that in the summer).  Then Little Man has his turn.  Breakfast is had and we're out the door.  

As we're all adjusting-to-becoming-more-well-adjusted I've tried a few new things....

1.  Dunkin Donuts Blueberry Muffin Coffee - my total favorite.  This stuff makes me look forward to morning and evening!  (Yes, I drink coffee all day long including the PM hours).  It tastes like a liquid blueberry muffin with dipped in coffee....HEAVEN!
Mmm mmmm mmmmm....I better go make a cup NOW!

2.  Lunchables Breakfast - this will probably be in the basket of things that send me to mommy hell.  I know its bad for them, I know its processed and comes in a plastic container with an option to heat or not.  The kids liked them....everything in moderation.
I guess the nasty raisins are supposed to make me feel better....sugary fruit, smh.  Oh well.

See ya tomorrow!








6 comments:

  1. That coffee is good!
    I always have a panic attack when I think of trying to get kid(s) ready before school. That seems like a really stressful time for all families. I love that you're getting a plan together and starting a routine! I bet most people don't do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm sure a lot of us do it because we are semi Type A's LOL! Your day is coming love! You'll have two to prep too!

      Delete
  2. Growing up I used to beggg my mom for lunchables! She is probably pretty thankful that they didn't sell the breakfast ones back then :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may decrease the life span! Those things were feeling a little weird to the touch!

      Delete
  3. I will be right there in mommy hell with you. My son hasn't spotted the breakfast Lunchables yet, but he certainly eats his share of the regular ones! And I love Dunkin blueberry coffee....especially iced!
    www.518nymammaof2@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can sit together on the bus! LOL Will have to try to coffee iced!. Thanks for dropping by Kimberly!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!