Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tested, Tasted, Totally Delicious: Ground Turkey Burrito Bowls


Good morning or evening loves.

I hope your week is going well so far!  Today's post is another great recipe from Pinterest that I tried and the entire family gobbled up.


Around here I make a menu plan for the week generally the Wednesday before the week starts.  I take inventory of what is on hand and what is on special at the grocery stores.  Then I plan away.  This helps save money...big time!

One thing I hate is eating the same main course every night of the week.  By this I mean eating chicken back to back nights.  We eat a lot of chicken but I have to stagger the nights we have it.  Otherwise, we'd all be burned out on the yard bird.

When I decided to try this recipe we had already had chicken the night prior to me making this dish.  I decided, after reviewing the recipe, I would not use chicken in this dish but instead Ground Turkey.

Great decision!  I followed the recipe to a tee and I treated my ground turkey as I would the chicken the recipe calls for.  However, since its ground meat I didn't add any oil to cook it in I let it cook with the onions ONLY AFTER the onions had cooked in the dash of EVOO for a good four minutes.

This recipe is probably amazing with chicken as well and I'm sure next time I'll go ahead and make it with that just to have two options available to me.

See, its fun to play with your food!

One-Pan Chicken Burrito Bowls
Pin here and then visit on No. 2 Pencil


This recipe is from the blog No. 2 Pencil - I love this blog!  Great food and great ideas.  Enjoy!

Wondering if you could make this tonight?  Here's what you need:

1 can of black beans
1 can of diced tomatoes
EVOO
1 onion chopped
2 1/2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
Chicken breast or ground turkey
Cumin
Chili Powder
Garlic powder
Salt & Pepper
Monterrey Jack Shredded Cheese or a Colby Jack Mix Shredded Cheese





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!