Saturday, January 25, 2014

What's For Dinner?

With the Super Bowl around the corner, NASCAR revving up in late February, and the boys of summer coming out of hibernation I figured I should share a brat recipe.

Yummy, fat hot dogs.  The pictures are bad because I'm using my stupid phone.

This is easy...



You need:

1 package of Hillshire Farms Brats (you pick your flavor, I go regular)
1 can of tomato sauce
1/2 a beer of your choice (dark is best)
1 - 2 onions diced 
1 - 2 green bell peppers
1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
S&P to taste

On the stove top heat up a fairly large pan to medium heat, drop in a tablespoon or two of butter and sautee your onions and peppers.  This takes about five minutes.

Next throw your brats n beer in for about five minutes.



Next throw in your tomato sauce, seasonings, and S&P

Cover, reduce heat, simmer about 15 minutes.

Serve it up....eat it up....oh my delicious!

***If you do not want to use beer just use some  1/4c water***

Happy eating!




1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!