Monday, January 6, 2014

Boring New Years & Hold the Crayons Ya'll!

We didn't really have a major blow out to bring in the year of 2014.  We spent NYE on the couch watching such things as Doc McStuffins and The Little Einsteins.  After the munchkin went to bed we watched some popumentary (a pop culture style documentary...have I coined a new word?) on the 1980s.  Did you know that Back to the Future was based on Ronald Reagan's idea of America going back to the 50's?  I didn't.

Ok so that was ok but I took a bath and by 11:30 I was in dream land.  The hubby stayed awake (barely) for the ball to drop.

I did have a good bye 2013 cran & vodka....

January 1, 2014

Well we were so damn hung over...

Yeah kidding.

I heard this:  "Mommy!  Come in here my poop is green!"

She wasn't lying.  Gross.  She'd been battling the stomach virus but she had been on the mend for about 24 hours.  She had some toast.

It just hit me those chocolate muffins look like poop balls.  Gross huh?  Sorry about that please allow me to wipe up the coffee you just puked up.


I made muffins for breakfast for those who were not immuno-compromised.  Yummy.  Then it was pretty much cleaning and cleaning out.  Anyone else up for that one on the first day of the new year?

I sent one load to Goodwill and two to the trash can and or recycle land.  (Does your trash man also pick up your recycle?  Don't you think that is questionable?)

I also did inventory on my new Toys R Us franchise and separated out what could wait until my son is thirteen to play with.

By the way - no my house is not ready for the reveal so the pictures I post on here will be of the kids mainly....nothing else related to the house until you know...things are accomplished by um...me.





My kiddos spent some time drawing.  Can I just take a second and say thank you sweet Jesus for my kids enjoying sitting, quietly and drawing?  That is like the biggest godsend when you have more than one kid and they are five years apart.  They can both enjoy crayons and paper without bothering me....woo hoo!


Hmmm....good news is I actually completed a to do list.  Maybe 2014 will be a kick ass year.

After a visit from our friend Brad and my hubby completing some wood work we packed up in the new ride (which is nowhere near new) and headed to the happiest place for investors....Walmart.  The list included baby wipes, toothbrushes, and blankets (I purged ours to Goodwill....somebody can use them or they can trash them whatever).

We came home and the stomach bug I just knew my daughter was over returned to her gut.  Bless her heart...she was the diarrhea queen for a few hours.  I hate that for her, for me, for the house.  She eventually went to bed and I emailed her teacher that she would not be at school (first day back after break January 2nd, uncool right...).

Yeah so we ate some chili (read about that on Saturday) and cleaned up some more.  I also made the lesson plans for next week - back to work, mixed emotions! So I put together a week of fun and learning for the little kids and drank a couple beers.  


After a nice bath and a nice lathering of my new favorite BBW scent Forever Red I lie upon the couch and read my January Southern Living.  Pick it up and read the following:  Editor's Letter (totally on point, adore it), Up & Coming Country Music artists (love it, diverse), and the recipes.  

Zzzz until 4:30 on 1.2.14 when the boy awoke.  To the couch I went to stare at the ceiling.

If this is how my year is going to go....I'll take it.

_____

On Saturday that insane little craft bug bit me.

Normally I'm like oh a craft, whoop dee doo.

However, I was bored sh*tless.  So I get online and I find this craft:

DIY Trash Bag Wreath so easy and cheap!!

Link over to www.thehappierhomemaker.com
Pin this bia (rhymes with Kia) here Pinterest Pin Link

I just happen to have a wreath base my son has been wearing as a yoke.
I also just happen to have a bag of trash bags too small for any trashcan in this house.
I also just happen to be very board.

So guess what I made?




Yep, the hubby even liked it and hung it up outside for me when it was like 20 degrees and dark.  He must have been board sh*tless too.



Every now and then I'll post Hold the Crayons Ya'll!  You'll know I have made something with my bare hands and I probably got really freakin' board.

Should be a fun 2014 huh?





2 comments:

  1. Back to the Future: Mind Blown

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I think the muffin photo would have been better placed somewhere else instead of directly after the green poop story! I started laughing out loud because I thought you had taken a picture of the poop! bwahahaha...way to get my heart racing, Amanda!
    And you make me want to get Southern Living now! I haven't read that magazine in forever! Now I may have to pick it up!
    And the trashbag wreath is awesome! You should be bored sh*tless more often!

    poop balls. ha!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!