Saturday, January 4, 2014

What's For Dinner?

Reviewing feedback I realized a lot of my readers enjoyed my What's For Dinner posts.  I like them too!  However, I am going to revamp them for 2014.  This time around you'll be getting one recipe out of me each week and not a whole Pinterest Board!

This week I am actually sharing my own chili recipe.  I make a lot of chili in January and February because it just fits with all the cold weather....and cool weather (it is NC so its a gamble as to what we have on a daily basis).

My chili is meatless however there are enough beans in here for you protein fiends.

Mmmm....chili:



1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes (please drain them)
15oz of corn (use frozen, canned, fresh, doesn't matter -  drain it please)
1 15.5oz can of kidney beans of your choosing
1 15.5oz can of black beans (drain them please)
1 can of Rotel
1/2 cup of salsa of your choosing
1 packet of dry ranch mix
Chili powder or seasoning to your liking
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 lime for juice

This is very easy.  Take all your ingredients - except your lime - and throw them in a crock pot.  Then roll your lime and squeeze all its juice into the chili.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.

The purpose of draining many of the items is so that you don't have soup.

Serve it with some corn bread and sour cream with your cheese of choice and you've got a meal!



And don't forget the beer....if you're over 21 that is.




2 comments:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!