Saturday, January 18, 2014

Whats for Dinner?


Slight change of plans here.  Yep, we're cooking breakfast today and not dinner.


I made a delicious breakfast casserole that is pretty awesome / healthy during the week and I posted a picture of it on Instagram.  No, I do not have my Instagram up for you to follow because I rarely remember to post on it and when I do I give like fifteen shots in a five seconds and well...yeah.



Baked Chocolate & Fruit Oatmeal

2 cups of traditional oats (not quick oats)
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of brown sugar
2 cups of milk (I used 1% but you can use skim, Almond, Soy, whatever...)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 banana sliced 
1 cup of strawberries divided in half
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips divided in half

Lightly coat a baking dish (I used a 2 quart corningware baking dish)

In a bowl stir together your oats, cinnamon, baking powder, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of strawberries, 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.

In a second bowl whisk together your milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.

Pour your bowl of dry ingredients into your greased dish.

Next, pour in the remaining halves of strawberries and chocolate chips into the dish and also place in your banana slices.

Take your liquid mixture and pour in.

Refrigerate over night.

The next morning preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 40 minutes.

SO GOOD!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!