Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Book Review: Sh*tty Mom


Over Christmas I was delighted to receive a package from my girl Royal.  Not only is she a cool mom but she's an awesome human being.  You should check her blog, seriously. 



In the box of goodies she sent me was a copy of Sh*tty Mom.  I hadn't read it and it had caught my eye several times in 2013.  You can imagine how delighted I was to find it in the box.


So here's the deal...{Sh*tty Mom} is a great book. I read this book in record time (like a three days) and it would have taken less time but ya know...I have kids.

Sh*tty Mom is a "how to" manual for parenting and its not to be taken too seriously however there are bits and pieces that will have seasoned moms going - PREACH IT!  

If you need a good, hard laugh and you aren't one of those moms who takes life too seriously you must, must, must read this book.  This book is NOT for perfect moms, perfect people, and people who have issues with naughty words and taboo talk. HA!

Sh*tty Mom tackles many subjects (with a lot of profanity and risque humor).  Some of my favorite chapters include:  Organized Sports Might Be Great for the Kids, but They Suck For You; How To Feel Nothing When You Drop Them At Grandmas for the Weekend, Week, Summer, Month, Ever; Should You Stop Texting If Another Mom Yells At Your Kid?; Oh You Just Had An Epic Meltdown, How To Deal With Moms Who Exercise, the entire section on noms; and He Wants Sex You Want Your Legs Sewn Shut For Ten Years.

Just by those chapter titles alone you should pining for this book.  (My husband loves this book too!)

If you're interested in reading this book let me know in the comments section and take a few seconds and go let me know one of your shitty mom moments over post on the A Brownie World Facebook page (you have already liked it right?)

You may be in for a surprise!

-----

Shitty Marriage

Kids really screw up your marriage...at least for a little while.  One is easy to deal with and anybody will take one for a while but nobody in their right mind is going to take 2+....

That's also why I will never have another child.  I have no desire to be a Duggar whether it be three kids or thirty-three.  (Happy with my two that leave me semi sane...)

The book talks about this.

I live it.

Don't get me wrong my mom takes both kids every now and then but mainly the only kid people want to "take off my hands for a while" is the one who is self sufficient, uses the toilet, communicates effectively, fixes her own snacks.

What?  Is that the one that I really need a break from? The one who more on the ball than most grown ups I know?

Since, hmm November, my marriage has been not all roses and lace baby dolls.

First it was the start of the holidays and that led to an extremely chaotic work experience (I don't do chaos)...that led to some stress...then came Christmas break which led to a lot of cartoons, I'm boreds, screaming, crying, and then passing out at 9:00 because I was worn slap out.

Then came the viral shits n vomits crap that lasted for what seemed like forever.

Boom its January.

I know my husband lives with me, I see his laundry in the floor.  However, I don't think I have more than a text him during the day, hey here's dinner, good night relationship.

We need a date night really bad.

Hell we need a date weekend extremely bad.

Unfortunately, our sitter isn't scheduled until later (much later) in the month.

Anybody else in the boat we're rowing?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean! Sometimes, we just turn into roommates instead of a happily married couple. I think it's cyclical though, and I'm sure the rut will be over soon. The holidays are all about family, but I feel like they put the most stress on the family!

    I'm so glad you liked the book! I have an entire library of books that I think I may start passing on to others the way I did with this one!

    I hope you get a date night or date weekend soon! I need one too. :( Preferably a date weekend. I never have time to decompress during a regular date, but when it's overnight, I relax so much more easily.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!