Thursday, January 16, 2014

Saving $ in 2014

On Tuesday I went on a soap box about the movie Her.  
Today I'm going to help you cut costs on your lover...you know...your phone.


The majority of Americans don't have a free cell phone.  We are paying upwards of $200 per month for service for the family and their phone addiction.  Do you remember when you paid $20 a month for a phone you used to make calls on?  Yeah those days are gone now that we have tiny computers to play games, check Facebook, read blogs, send emails, take pictures...ok you get it.

Today a large portion of the budget goes to cell phones and that is a damned shame.

I've had Verizon Wireless for 9 years.  When my husband and I married he became my add a line.  We had been paying $172.00 a month for our service.  I was totally disgusted by that. 

If we do the math:

172 x 12 =  $2064.00 a year

Who else is vomiting in their Cheerio's now?

For two grand I could do so much more awesome stuff than have a stupid phone in my purse.  What about you?

Enter Straight Talk!

Straight Talk

Last year my husband switched to Straight Talk.  He purchased a basic smart phone ($80) and the first month's plan ($49 after tax).  His investment = $129.00


Each month he pays $49 and he's good to go for another month of service.


Since he is in no contract he can leave if he wants to with no ramifications.  If his phone is dropped in a toilet or ran over or thrown against the cement its covered and will be replaced because he paid $7 for a protection plan that totally covers his phone.

Let's do our new math:

$49 x 12 = $588

Yes, I too am so happy it brings me to tears...!  You know this baby, Rod Stewart songs by mommy makes him get all emo...Click here to see the baby

Of course I am locked into the Verizon crap for another 8 months.  That blows...
My feelings exactly punch 'em in the face baby Here's where that guy came from...

So if you're not locked into a contract or your contract is about to be up you should look at investing in Straight Talk.  We'v had a good experience with it and good service (its been the same as when he had Verizon, I have heard they ping off Verizon and AT&T towers...)

Save some money...be smart about your cell phone service!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!