Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Pioneer Woman Day

One of my favorite people on this earth is Ree Drummond.  If you don't know her then you may know her alias...The Pioneer Woman.  You know the woman off the Food Network?  The one married to the Marlboro Man.  The red head that lives out in Oklahoma on a ranch the size of Tennessee?

I just like her.

She likes the stuff I do - cooking, good looking men, bags, taking pictures, books.

I had a kind of Ree Drummond day.  Well at least in my brain it was Ree Drummond day.  Not really because it involved much cooking (I did make chili, oatmeal bake, and brownies that day so maybe I did a lot of cooking) but it involved me and the hubby being in the pasture with his dad's cows cutting up a fallen tree.

This isn't Oklahoma.  This place has rolling hills and you cannot watch your dog run away for three weeks here.  But on a January day that was clear with a blue sky and fourteen bovine surrounding us as we worked up that fallen tree I felt like The Pioneer Woman with my Marlboro Man.

What made it more Pioneer and less Ree was the fact I had no camera on me.  I also had no phone on me.  It was just me and the husband and the cows and the chainsaws and the wood-splitter and the pasture and simplicity.

I even made up songs about splitting wood in cow poop.

So I scoured my old photos to try to bring the day back to the blog....











No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!