Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Toys: Nearly A Month Later



Well Christmas was eons ago.  It feels like that to me.  I remember when I was a kid I would look at the calendar and be like, "Wow Christmas was x weeks ago," now I don't look back and I'm more like, "Wow, Christmas will be here in five minutes."

This year my kids didn't get as much crap as they normally do.  I was pleased.  I'll blame the not too great economy on glorious holiday gifting.

I wanted to high light what my kids are still into nearly a month later.

The big kid -

NOOK® HD Snow 16GB from Barnes & Noble

Her Nook

Well duh.  It provides her an hour of entertainment a day (I limit her, yes I do.  Wipe the shocked look off your face or I'll make you watch Her at your local cinema at your own expense).  She loves that thing and we're also reading some books on it now.  I'm still way more into a book I check out from the library and return after I read it (no cost).
Barbie Beach Doll

Barbies

She got a few thousand for Christmas.  They still are a classic toy.  The kid takes them everywhere and loves them.











The little kid -




His oversized stuffed monkey

We learned this kid loved jumbo stuffed animals after an evening at a friend's house.  This toy has been the most awesome gift for him because he adores it.  He wrestles, cuddles, and drags it all over the house.  He even prefers to snuggle with it over dad most nights during wind down time.

Plastic play drill

He got this little tool set (a my first style toy) and the nails are ok, the screws egh, the hammer, whatever.  The drill though that thing is awesome.  He normally puts it in his mouth.  Safety first right?

Old School Wooden Blocks

He got two sets and we kept both.  Those things are da bomb.  We all are building with them.  Its family fun...for five minutes and I'm bored.  Shut up its ADHD.




The mom -



My Nook & Jesus Calling Devotional

I enjoy both on the daily.  It just so happens the devo is downloaded on my Nook.

The North Face Women's Glacier Quarter Zip Pullover - Dick's Sporting Goods

NF Pull Over

My husband bought me a super bright NF Pull Over. (I was always wearing his...it was comfy!)  At first I hated it because I looked like something a boat in distress should shoot into the air to let people know they needed help.

Well, its grown on me and I love it.

Next year I'll take a grey one.




2 comments:

  1. I was thinking, "Something to drink when you are nauseous. No? Too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahahaha that picture is not the correct color....they call it Rocket Red but its more like SOS Fast Like Bitches!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!