Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ONE thing Tuesday


Ok normally this is three things Tuesday but today it is one thing Tuesday.


That one thing should be causing a damn raucous.

There is a movie is called Her.
Am I the only person who is going, what the living hell is this?


So the story is this in a nutshell:

A guy who may be referred to as melodramatic falls in love with a piece of technology that talks to him.  The technology is a girl (thus Her).  

Yeah, we've seen the spoofs of men dating their iPhone but now we have a damn movie about it.

It freaks me out.

I'm not going to lie.  I hate a few styles of films....
1) Animals talking really pisses me off.  Animals are great because they do not speak english.  I cannot stand to see some rabbit/goat/sheep/shark/turtle/donkey blabbering away with a Boston/Sofia Vergara/Paula Deen accent.
2) Space Crap.  I'm not a space person.  I could care less about the damn solar system.  You want to float around in the middle of nowhere on a space ship with a guy that has a bad haircut and a spandex/rayon/polyester blend on then more power to you.  I however don't have time for that mess.

3) Technology being your other half.  That's weird, that's odd, that's uncool.  I need a blanket and a hug right now you weird me out.

SO I take it this Spike Jonez film will be the catalyst for society allowing humans and technology to marry. I'm cool with people marrying who ever they want to.  

I do have a big damn issue with some dude wanting to get with his make believe Motorola based friend.  I mean seriously God forbid the damn battery dies.

Unplug people. It is time to unplug.

 I know one of you is going to go waste your money on that ridiculous new age E.T. (let it be known E.T. was an alien...what can be considered a living being and not an Apple device) and come out weepy eyed and be like, "That was so touching" - no dumb ass the only thing touching is the freakin' screen you touch it to operate it.

Unplug, I'll say it again.

Stop the addiction that is turning into just plain out freak zone crap.

Oh and Joaquin you really suck now buddy.


2 comments:

  1. Agreed. Especially about animals talking (I don't mind it so much when their mouths don't move... but when their mouths start moving with it... freaky ew no don't).

    And space shit... leave it in space. I with you there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bwahahahaha...my thoughts exactly. I mean, eww, what kind of freakoid creates a computer system who loves him? Can he seriously NOT fall in love with a person who has blood pumping through their veins? Yuck...and yes "I need a blanket and a hug right now you weird me out."

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!