Friday, January 3, 2014

1st 5OF 2014

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOGJoining the lovely Charlotte Girls once again....


So my home slice Ashley and I email daily (work week daily) and on Monday she emailed and mentioned resolutions.

Gah this is out it feels these days!

We have the same opinion on them....bogus.

Seriously ya'll - be honest - how many of you actually follow through with your list of do-goods for the entire year?  Um hmm, I am not judging because there's no way I'm going to be one of those who are like - Ahh I did it all!!!  I do good to get through a daily "to-do" list!


I decided I would make my 5 on Friday a list of resolutions I would attempt to do if I was a resolution style chick.



1.  That whole weight loss bullshit

Let's be honest, I gained weight over the months of November and December.

No, I didn't gain a human or even 20lbs but I did gain some weight.
  
Marketing and advertising are having a freakin':
GNC/Jenny Craig/Holy cow look at Jessica Simpson on Weight Watchers/Nutrisystem/Gold's Gym/Buy this overpriced dust collector of a treadmill runner's high right now.

I'm over it.  I don't need any of that bogus crap.  Ok, Jessica, Weight Watchers really does work I can vouch for that.

I need to steer clear of the sugary, goodness that is the holidays... until November 2014.

I think I can hang on to that one and just, you know, go back to the way I live January-October....

Exercising I guess ties into this whole shebang.

I like to exercise but normally the YMCA membership doesn't fit into my budget (and bores me) so I do the whole pound the pavement (which bores me).

I don't have to force myself to exercise because I do like it...a lot.  I just have to learn how to tweak my schedule again to get it in.  This generally means I start waking up prior to the rest of civilization and carrying a stun gun as I turn the corners of the sidewalk.

2.  That whole get smarter thing

I am not kidding when I tell you I have read people actually write that down.
Get smarter?  Does this consist of going back through all your 17 years of education and fixing those bad grades now that you are 35?

Maybe it is more like taking an enrichment course at the community college or arts center?

Hell, I don't know.  I can tell you if watching PBS is included in this whole get smarter thing then I'm down!  I watch me some Sesame Street on the regular and I'm learning loads on there....like the names of multiple types of Muppets.

If I could tie this into my imaginary list of resolutions that I will not make then I would add in read a book a month.
Currently, I read like three GROWN UP books a year (so what they could be the size of War & Peace you don't know...)
I would also maybe put something down like learn to do something different for myself....hmm like crochet (um hell no that bores me just thinking about it but go ahead Ashley tear that up and make me something pretty....please!) I'm totally more into dirt and paint though.


3.  Here's one I'll do for sure....

I love birds.  So maybe if I do add something to this list that I could possibly attempt to do and keep at it is: keep my bird feeder stocked.  I am 32 not 72....I know you just had a moment where you went - wait how old is she again?  Oh smack, I forgot to get bird seed at the store...grrrr.  Ok scratch it.

4.  How about this:  Make more time for others

What does that mean exactly?
I mean I feel like it means that you will make more time for your friends and family and less time for yourself.
Okay dolls.... here's the clincher on that one - if I make more time for others I will never bathe, brush my teeth, or get dressed again.
I have two small kids and a husband, I'm thinking that eventually when the kids can drive themselves and the young one can use the toilet on his own and feed himself I may be able to experience some serious "me time" but until that day arrives I may have to change this one to "Make more time for Mommy".....

5.  Do Something Crazy

Shut up I do crazy shit all the time.  Need examples?  I put cupboard items in the freezer.  I lose my keys on the daily.  I forget what the hell I was doing two minutes before.  I speak to my demented granny like we're new acquaintances.  I can do crazy. (Note to self:  Alz test ASAP)

Ok wait I guess I took this in the wrong context.  

So I guess to wrap it up:
I'm not into letting myself down and making a list of grandeur things to accomplish (i.e. lose 55lbs by Valentines, give $5,000 to the local shelter, spend more time with the chicken pox infested community....)
I won't have any freakin' resolutions because I do not necessarily need them.
I need the enjoyment of being back on a new schedule for a new year and delighting in every single day I am gifted.
Everything else will just happen....trust in it!






2 comments:

  1. Can we be bloggy friends? Let's be bloggy friends. You speak my language: truth, sarcasm, and profanity. I likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are SO bloggy friends! I likes your blog too. :-)

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!