Thursday, January 30, 2014

sNOw Day




I am not a fan of snow.  

Correction:  The idea of snow is nice around Christmas and New Years but come late January I don't want to see it, smell it, feel it, hear about it.  I hit spring/summer mode in late January.  That's just who I am.

My six year old, however, loves it.

As you know we live in the South and the South deals with the idea of snow about like a meth head deals with a sale on Sudaphed.  The people go a little crazy.

For weeks we have had horribly cold (unnatural) weather down here.  We've had bipolar weathermen and women telling us we'd see white stuff falling from the sky....only to have nothing falling from the sky.

On the day of the snow my daughter said, "It won't snow mom.  They never get it right.  They should go back to school."

And what did it do?

It snowed.

We received nearly 2 inches of snow.  To translate that to northern terms - 2 inches in the South is the equivalent to 2 feet in the North.  Everything shuts down....schools, doctors offices, daycares, milk and egg production...everything.

My little bit got out of school at 12:30.  And here's a photo journal of her snow day.








This would be enticing to her mother if it were on the beach....with sand...and summery weather.
Watching the big sister prance around in the weird white stuff on the ground.

His view - warm, dry, with food.  Perfect.

Semi frozen precipitation = a happy kindergartener



My favorite part of the snow:  birds.  Mr. Cardinal was the gatekeeper of the feeder.  His honey was watching from the fence post.


The next day nearly 2 inches....have a fun day at work dad.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy it's melted and outta here! We only had one inch. I hope spring comes soon

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!