Friday, January 24, 2014

My new Friday hang out



My new Friday hang out is no longer Five on Friday but now 5 Minute Friday.  I just wasn't getting much out of listing five things that I randomly pulled out of my butt (I do that the other five days a week on here).

So here's the deal....you can join in too.

Click the button up there and get the details.  Link it up babies!

Join me!

Today's word:  Visit

Visit....when I hear the word I immediately see friends.  We are not necessarily at a special place but we are in each other's company laughing, smiling, having a great time.  No worries or cares just simply happy to be in each other's presence.

Visit...every day when I find my silent moment and open my Bible and my Jesus Calling devotion.  I visit with the one who made me.  The one who never fails me and who keeps me in His hand.  It is quiet visit but very powerful.  It gets me through the day.

Visit...something we should do more with our loved ones.  There should not be a "reason" it should just happen because it is necessity for us - to be with one another in harmony and community.  

Visit....maybe it is something of the past.  We are too wrapped up in our technological worlds that we allow chats and texts serve the spot for the tradition visit.  That is toxic to us, don't you think?  Forgetting true human companionship and instead relying on a piece of technology to link us. 

Visit....I like that word.

My five minutes just ended.






5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post. Visiting is important, and we don't do enough of it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started with Five Minute Friday just before the holidays, and love it... much more satisfying to actually write about something than create a list. :)

    Happy Friday!

    Melissa
    http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is more satisfying! Thank you for dropping in.

      Delete
  3. You are too funny! I liked you FMF post and had to read a few more. You made me smile. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!