Saturday, January 30, 2016

Its like this and like that and like RECAP


Happy Saturday, friends!!!

I'm sitting here sipping my coffee, with the sun beaming in my kitchen window, and the kids are still asleep!  

SCORE!

We are closing a chaotic week that began with snow and ended with warmer weather and sunshine.  Ahhh yes, sunshine!  The best news is that the 60 degree temperatures are pushing our way and that makes me one happy chick.

To celebrate I am taking the kids swimming today!  I am a bit stressed over that because indoor pools are gross to me BUT it is water (highly chlorinated) which is my element.  Of course I will be the only one trying to keep my three year old in check but I think maybe I can win over the lifeguard?!?!?

Alrighty let's move to on to this week on the blog...



My week of menu planning was pretty messed up thanks to the snow storm.  However, I am happy to report that we had a successful week of eating from that menu I made.  
Some of the items?  Salmon cakes and Orange Glazed Pork Chops.  
Check it out for ideas for this week; or you can wait tomorrow!  
Yes, I am moving my menu posts to Sunday effective this coming week (ah hem, tomorrow!) 
I freshened up the look of my menu posts as well and I hope you do enjoy that.  I love playing "pretty" with design here and there!



This week I shared my recipe for my very own version of Italian Soup.  
As you know I am not a pasta fan so this recipe is lacking pasta (carb conscious folks will adore this recipe!)  This soup is very healthy and will warm you up by, of course, being a soup but also by dumping in as much red pepper and fennel as you want!
Give this soup a try!  Pin it too!

The last Wednesday of the month is reserved for What's Up Wednesday.  This is where I share with you good things (my addiction) and bad things (a 34 year old who cannot get enough Bieber in the earbuds.)  Check it out and compare to see if our crazies match in any way, shape, or form.  My favorite email I got off this blog post was - "Why can't we live closer together.  I think combined we would be a total and complete riot."  Be still my heart!



If Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil or Dr. Whoever-Is-Yet-To-Come decides that list making is a disease then go ahead and send me to the show.  (Please just make sure it includes a beach, a spa package, and some free shopping!)  Each month I make a list of things I hope to accomplish.  I am extremely honest with you about the list at the end of the month - therefore, you should totally go check this one out because it may be the only time I get a result that good.



Friday was so nice!  I went back to worky work but that isn't what this post is about.  Nope, I did my regular Friday deal and shared a few things from the past 7 days with you.  It all gets shared over to a Link Up, my most favorite Link UP #H54F.  This week I shared...well you'll just have to go see!


So here we are in the middle of the weekend and I'm hoping to soak in every ounce of sunshine possible.  Next week is busy around here so I went ahead and put together posts for four days!  I hope you will check back for menu planning, a great recipe from my kitchen to your's, some fabulous ideas of things to do in February in North Carolina, and some pretty fabulous Superbowl 50 party stuff (ahem, Panther Nation!)

\

Join me on Facebook this weekend!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!