Thursday, January 14, 2016

Thirty Days from St. Valentine's Day!



I couldn't help myself.  On Monday I decorated (a tiny bit) for Valentine's Day.

Before kids I could have cared less about decorating for Valentine's and Easter but after having miniature humans I just feel the need to celebrate everything.  With decorations!

I don't go crazy, just a little here and there.  Also, I keep my spending to a very bare minimum!  Today I'm sharing my tiny bit of decorating with you.



From the top left -

The platter was a find at Goodwill.  It is originally from Michael's Craft Store (I remember when they had them!)  I paid $2 for it and am happy it isn't strictly Valentine's because this little pretty will get good use this spring and summer!

Target Dollar Spot is da bomb (I just dated myself) and you probably know that.  I picked up those tea towels for $3 during my Target run last Friday.  I never use my holiday towels - they are strictly for decoration.  When they start to get dingy from being packed away I will use them.  Yep, weird.

I'm still working on my Asheville Bee Charmer Honey jar.  I love their honey and you should try it ASAP.  (Note to self order more next week!)

Top right -

Once again a Target Dollar Spot find.  $1 for a mini banner flag that is up on the door in my kitchen.  This would be adorable on a wreath or with a gift basket.

Bottom left -

Remember my Advent Calendar - ha!  If you look closely you can see I have mini scrapbook paper behind a couple of pictures.  Here's the deal - Goodwill had the Target merchandise from last Valentine's Day.  It just happened they had the scrapbook paper books as well.  I got a 50 page pack for 50 cents.  SHUT UP!  A penny a page!  Yes, I said that when the lady rang up the order.  I used them to back up some photos like in that picture.

If you look at the bottom right then you see I also framed a piece.  I love framing scrapbook paper.

And in the center -

The oldest Valentine's decoration I have.  I got this at Kohl's when my daughter was 5 months old.  It is a metal sign that has been on my front door, porch, and now in my living room.

I hope to make a wreath next weekend at my craft date!  A wreath and I'm done with decorating for this holiday.  Of course the kids may make some cute things at preschool and school and I will gladly hang those up.

How do you decorate for Valentine's Day?  Light?  Heavy?  Not at all?  Share!
Facebook me today!









2 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I get a lot of decorations from the dollar spot at Target too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute platter! Love the tea towels too...they didn't have those at my Target!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!