Monday, January 11, 2016

Menu Planner #2





Thank you for all the love last week for my first menu post of 2016!  You girls really know how to make a Carolina girl feel special.  We had a great eating week with the exception of my weird chocolate craving last Tuesday.  I was feigning for it like no other!  Oh well it will happen when you're a woman, right? Bahaha.

I put together this week's menu last Wednesday when the Harris Teeter Super Doubles ad came out.  To pinch pennies I always like to see the specials to help create a financially sound grocery list/meal plan.  If you are a Harris Teeter shopper I urge you to not look at the paper flyer but register your VIC card and look online at the specials.  I feel like Harris Teeter's paper flyer is only a snapshot of what all they actually have on sale.

It is also great to use other blogs as tools to find good deals at your favorite grocery store.  Personally, I am a friend of Southern Savers and Moola Saving Mom.  I rely more on Moola Saving Mom because she is local to my area.  Sometimes Southern Savers finds deals not available in my area (at the same stores.)

Alrighty...here's this week's menu!

Monday
Leftovers? What? Yes!
So it turns out I didn't make my chili as planned last week but instead over the weekend!  We're still eating it for Monday's dinner.  I call that a major win considering I have a meeting during the regular dinner hour tonight!


I have a meeting this night so I am keeping it simple.  Last week Harris Teeter had their delicious soups in the deli on special 3/$10.00.  These soups are well worth $3.33 a piece.  They are so amazing!  Unfortunately, they did not have She Crab (my personal favorite) in stock so I settled for Lobster Bisque (note to self, work out extra for that one!)


This is a Pinterest find and also a Weight Watchers recipe!  Some of you are looking to begin or have began a healthier diet and maybe have joined WW.  I hope this helps!  I have found that the Weight Watchers Recipes are generally very tasty.  This one looks quite filling as well, double score!  I will highlight it next week for you.


Wednesday
Soup & Salads

This week starts Bible study for me and my kids will be going to Kid's Bible Study (normally my 8 year old goes weekly but with the holidays we slacked).  I love a quick, easy, and yummy meal when we have to be out the door.  These soups and chilies from Harris Teeter are fabulous!  Last week they were 3/$10 and well worth that price.  I stocked up! Just remember chowders and bisques are extremely fattening so if you're watching your calories then you should take that into account when you plan to eat one of them for a meal!

Thursday
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
This is a hit or miss due to the fact my slow cooker is manic.  My oven will be on standby.  I haven't used the recipe before so we'll see how it goes.  If it goes well then I will share it and if it goes south we'll pretend it never happened.

Friday
Lasagna & Salad
Truth be told I'm not a noodle person and lasagna has noodles.  However, I'm skipping pizza Friday to do lasagna because my kids LOVE it.  I'll have an extra large salad and a very small portion of the lasagna.  I will probably miss pizza tonight!

Breakfast Special
Frozen waffles were BOGO this week so we'll be pairing them with fruit and yogurt for parfait waffles!  Also, the meal deal was breakfast items so I plan to have some homemade egg mcmuffins for breakfasts and lunches this week too.  I'm a sucker for an egg.


Did you try my chocolate oatmeal bake from last week?  If so, what did you think?











4 comments:

  1. Gah I love waffles. Lasagna sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waffles rock it out baby! Lasagna, I take it for the team. LoL Happy Monday!!!

      Delete
  2. So many times I make stuff for the kiddos and Hubbs even if I'm not a fan!! what we mamas do for our families! I love this meal plan idea Always plan mine out on Sunday as it saves so much time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I love to plan my menu on Friday night/Saturday morning before I shop on Sunday. Been doing it for years and it has saved us so much money!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!