Monday, January 4, 2016

Weekly Menu #1


Happy Monday!  Today we get back into our regular routines of school, homework, and all that non holiday stuff.  Personally, I like getting back into the regular routine but I do miss the fun of the holidays and the laid back feeling you have when they are around.

Part of the schedule around here is meal planning.  It can be a real struggle!  However, I was reading over at Cup of Tea a few days back and Katie shared her secret to successful meal planning.  Every week she publishes out what her family is having for dinner.  The coolest part is she puts together the menus along with the shopping list that goes with each one.  She files them under a winter or summer label and viola...her menus are ready to go year after year!

I loved that idea so much I stole it!  (Thanks, Katie!)

This year I'll be sharing with you our weekly menu along with any extras I plan to make for the week.  Maybe I can inspire you when you are in a dinner planning slump?

So guys, here's what we're eating!

Monday
My husband will be home for dinner tonight so I'm making one of his favorites!
Chicken Pie
Creamed Potatoes
Green Beans

Tuesday
I love my crock pot - in case you weren't aware!
Pinto Beans
Corn Bread

Wednesday
This is a recipe I will highlight next week.  If you're looking for a healthy option then this is a great recipe.
Chicken & White Bean Chili

Thursday
Left Overs

Friday
We have to celebrate making it through the first week back to school!
Out to eat!

Breakfast
This week I'm making one of my favorite recipes from my own kitchen.  

We are increasing our water intake and keeping the sweets out of the house for the next few weeks.  Valentines will come with full force and chocolate!

See ya soon with a $$$ post!








5 comments:

  1. Yum. I'm coming over mama. Cook for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to get my eating back on track this week also. Last night because I has some salad mix that needed using before it started going bad we had salad and baked potatoes. There is also some salmon and green beans, chicken with asparagus, black bean soup, and avacado quesadillas on the menu

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad the menu saving idea sounded good to you! I'm all about the lazy :) Love that you're also planning to eat leftovers. We do that too! Thanks for the shout out, too!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baked chocolate oatmeal looks good! I am going to need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I need to get better about planning ahead. I used to be all over it and I've dropped the ball over time. I just made white chicken chili and David loves it :)

    And since I've been out of the loop... like WAY out of the blogging loop... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hope you guys had great holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!