Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tasty Tuesday: White Chili




Brrrr!  It is cold here in North Carolina this week (and it looks to be sticking around for a while.)  To warm up I like to make wholesome and rich dinners.  However, if I can trim the fat and calorie content then I go for it.

Recently, I took to making white chili.  Believe it or not I hadn't tried my hand at this lighter version of traditional chili.  However, I am so excited that I did!  This stuff is super yummy.





What you'll need:
2 pounds of 99% fat free ground turkey
1 medium onion - chopped
The juice of 1 lime
2 - 15.5oz cans of Great Northern Beans - drained and rinsed
1/2 tablespoon of cumin
2 teaspoons of Chipotle Sea Salt
1/2 tablespoon of chili powder
32 ounces of Reduced Fat/Sodium Chicken Broth

Directions:



Every ingredient goes straight into the crock pot!  How easy!
Turn your crock pot on high for 6 hours and let it go (low for eight hours.)

Serve with some fat free sour cream.




Substitutions:
Eliminate the Chipotle Sea Salt and the chili powder by purchasing a Chipotle Chili Powder ($7.00 a jar.)

Enjoy!

I hope you all have a wonderfully Tasty Tuesday!  Head over to the Facebook page for more deliciousness!

See you tomorrow!

Today I'm linked up at Tuesday Talk with Grammie Time

xo










3 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! I just actually made a version of this Sunday, but with chicken breast...and I didn't squeeze a lime in there. Totally doing THAT next time!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! And yes to dumping everything in ;) Happy Tuesday, lady!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!