Friday, January 1, 2016

High Five ~ List 1



Happy Monday (er, oxymoron?) everyone!  It is official, the holidays are over.  School started back today and so did winter, in a way!  North Carolina winters are anything but predictable but the 60 degree temps have gone MIA so I'll call this winter.

Every month I like to make a list, a bucket list if you will, to high light some things I want to accomplish for the month.  I do this in lieu of making New Years Resolutions.  You see, I am a typical human.  We typical humans cannot fathom making a list on January 1st and carrying it all the way to December 31st.  Maybe it is part of my adult onset ADD or my left brain side trying to take over...I'm not sure?  But no matter what it is I like making my lists, its fun and keeps me on task!



Do some of those need a little explaining?  Um probably!  1 & 2 you probably totally understand.  Number 3 - I love my Fitbit but let's be honest, I don't utilize it at full capacity.  I'm thinking that since it is January and everyone is on the lose weight and get healthy bandwagon it will be easier to learn more about my piece of fitness jewelry and use all the great resources that come with it.

Four, well that's a no brainer.

Five - Last year we spent Valentine's at the beach and it was FABULOUS!  This year, realistically, I doubt we go on a mini vacay but it would be nice.  Maybe I can get us a nice dinner out if we cannot escape!  I like to plan way in advance, as you can tell! Then again, maybe nothing.

Six - I think if you read this blog you know I live for those craft dates with my bestie.  We started them last October and missed November but picked right back up in December.  I realize we may not get a January date but fingers crossed we do.  I will be sharing some craft ideas here on the blog in the coming days!

Seven - Admitting I'm just a few chapters into Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret but I'm not feeling it.  I make myself finish books even if I don't like them.  Surely, I'll get more into this within the next few chapters?  Please?!?!

Eight - This one had you confused?!?!  This is a work thing.  I substitute teach and my goal this month is 8 days subbing.  By the way, I am working on making some changes to the whole work/job thing.  Let that be a teaser for later :)

Nine - If you read the blog you know my husband works a shift that takes a lot of patience and love and understanding to deal with.  Many times it means we are passing ships.  I hope to make better use of our time when we are together so we do not feel so distant.  This goes for the kids too!  Last month he started having a lunch date with our daughter once a week and it really paid off.

So there's my goal sheet/bucket list.  Now I want you to share yours or give me some feedback on something I've listed.  I love a good mini conversation!

xo Friends & happy January!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Yay for a bucket list! And yay for your face lift. I'm supposed to get one of those, but the girl who is doing it seems to have disappeared...lol. Hopefully she will get on track with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for lists! (I'm a compulsive list maker) I'm looking for some new fitbit friends if you want to connect - https://www.fitbit.com/user/2BYH5Z

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!