Sunday, January 10, 2016

Weekend Recap: Donuts, Camping, PJs, Prayer & Downton!



The second weekend of January is totally in the books.  It was a fast one <sniff, sniff> but it was a great one.  Here's a brief recap of this chick's sweet weekend!

Friday - 
One reason I adore our church is all the kid friendly activities they offer.  Seriously, that means the world to my husband and I.  Each month during the school year they offer a Parent's Night Out.  For three hours and a very small fee you can drop your kids off for dinner, crafts, games and a movie.  I l-o-v-e this.  It means a lot to me now that my husband has crazy hours and child rearing is mainly left to me.  The flip side is this - I get so lonely!  No one was available on Friday night to go to dinner so I was a bachelorette.  


My "free time" consisted of Taco Bell (I am in a mild state of depression that the Quesarito Big Box is gone), Target (I had to return some shoes for my daughter but also really scored some adorable Valentine's loot from the Dollar Spot), a Big Lots walk through (I swear that place is laced with crack, I'm addicted to walking around Big Lots.), and of course a Krispy Kreme stop.  You're thinking damn Gina on the calories.  However, I balanced them out and didnt go over!
Later in the evening, after the kids were asleep, the husband was home and watched Gold Rush.  He likes it....I think it is man's soap opera.  

Saturday -  
It is safe to say if you read or follow on FB you know I love to camp.  Clarification:  camp in a camper not in a tent.  I would do a tent for a night or two with no kids.  But that's it.  I like a mattress.  As you may also know we have a pop up camper.  Well, the hubs has had campers on the brain for a few weeks and he's ready to start considering upgrading and getting a new camper...in the next 12-13 months.  Saturday was his day off so he was ready to go look at campers around our area.  Little did either of us know there was a Camper & RV show going on in Greensboro.  After his step mom let that little secret out guess where we were headed?

It was the Little Man, hubs, and myself.  Our diva was left at her Pappaw's to help with the cows. I mean c'mon calves or campers when you are eight?  Exactly.
For a mild rip off of $20 we basically saw a gazillion of the same campers.  I will tell you this RV/Camper show was a bust and a racket.  Clarification:  For people like myself it was a waste and a racket.  If you're into seeing thirty-five of the same camper layout then go to the show in Charlotte or Raleigh.  If you're not into seeing thirty-five of the same camper or if you're not into seeing a trailer home on steroids that you can drive or pull around the country that you could never get a little dirt in because the thing is nicer than your regular home then stay away.  I was really hoping to see more booths on places to camp in and around the Southeast but um...yeah that was pathetic too.
At least we got some Mexican afterwards! 

PM- 
It was a rainy day and so by 5:45 I had on my pajamas, the kids were bathed, and we were vegged out in front of The Lion Guard on Disney Jr.  For us who remember the original Lion King this show sucks.
We watched some football (it sucked too, didn't it Texan fans?  Oh and Cincinnati, you are so ghetto.  I mean we knew Pittsburgh was but damn.)
Then we all crashed.

Sunday - Slept in and went to the late service at our church.  A great message about prayer and how it changes things.  I can attest to that wholeheartedly.  It has changed several situations for me for the better.  I signed up for a Women's Bible Study.  Can I just say that I have found it is really a great ingredient to forming a good year by going ahead and enrolling in a study or class.  Last year we did the Marriage Study in January and it really set our year up to be great.  After church we had a grocery run for things I failed to put on my list (oops!)  The hubs went to work and I worked on getting the house ready for another busy week and setting up Downton to record.  Yeah baby.
Downton Abbey probs. Lol:

Simmer on this quote for the week ahead:













1 comment:

  1. That's awesome your church has so many kid activiites! My church had so many great activities for me growing up, so I hope when I have kids one day in the future we find a church with the same!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!