Friday, January 29, 2016

H54F: What a week! (#4)

The past seven days have felt like a month!  Here's a recap of (nearly) everything, I think!



Ewww, snow!  And quite a bit for my neck of the woods.  I will say that I am kind of happy it did this whole snow thing.  I got extra time with my husband around and my kids were so excited.  See, I'm not a cold hearted winter hater (well not fully!)  Jonas, you totally blew our weekend totally around!  The kids had a five day weekend and that was pretty tough on day five!  Luckily, everyone was safe in our area and we weren't stuck in!  That made a huge difference.


My work out game was off during the snow.  I got back to the gym on Tuesday and kind of tried to do as much as I could to "make up" for lost time.  Well let's just say I sent my bestie a text that I could not move the next day.  Anddddd I was back at the gym just hours later doing it all over again.  Slightly addicted to thinking about fun clothes and SPRING and SUMMER!


I have been cooking up a storm!  And sharing each week on Tuesdays.  Over the snow I made a massive pot of soup and shared it on Tuesday!  This week I have made a lot of goodies like salmon cakes, and orange mustard pork chops.  I think the husband likes having a real meal for lunch and not having to eat sandwiches at work!


The blog got a make over that I am really happy about.  The Facebook banner is what you are seeing here.  I want to do so much with my house but due to $$$ I have to put my change up over here instead!  I think this captures me - the colors and design.  I like it!


Thank you, Minion Movie, for being in Redbox and keeping my children entertained while I mopped and straightened up and worked on this blog post.  You are very much appreciated.

And one more...

I started a Prayer Journal a couple weeks ago.  A lady in my Bible study group mentioned how it had made an impact on her life.  Well I am two weeks in and I already see how my tiniest prayers have been answered.  Had I not taken time to write out my petitions and thanks I don't think I would have noticed what has happened.  When I think about it - I am overwhelmed and reminded how merciful and loving God is.  

Alrighty, a few hours of work and this girl is weekend ready.  I think we may go swimming this weekend!  












9 comments:

  1. Oh I need to see that Minion Movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do adore your Blog Makeover and you have me so recipe excited!!!! I hope your weekend is relaxing and super fun pretty lady!! Snow, snow, go away!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Tuesday - the requested recipe from you and another lovely lady! I love the new look too. Have a great weekend! xo Amanda

      Delete
  3. that soup looks great! Happy to find you through the linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to the theater on discount day to see the Minion movie. It was so cute! Have fun swimming! Thanks for stopping by!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute, indeed! Have a great weekend! xo Amanda

      Delete
  5. Love the new banner! Come on up to NY...we've got NO snow here!
    That Minions movie saved my sanity about a week ago too :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!