Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Menu *So Screwed Up*

KEEP CALM AND BUY ALL THE BREAD AND MILK, ITS GONNA SNOW:
We did go through like 8 slices of bread and half a half gallon of milk....is that what you people are talking about when you rush to get bread and milk?


Thanks to the snow storm my menu is so wacked.  I swear, y'all.  I did not cook as much as I planned to over the snow days because the pot of soup I made lasted us three, yes count them, 1,2,3 days.  So you may see some redundancies from last week this week.



Monday
Orange Glazed Pork Chops
Bone in pork chops are one of our favorite types of meat to grill and bake.  The bone flavors the meat and allows it to be much more tender and juicy.  I look forward to trying my hand at my own style of creating this orange glazed chop!  To go with this entree I plan to make yeast rolls and also serve baby green peas.

Tuesday
Salmon Patties aka Salmon Croquets (per my husband's request!)
While being snowed in my husband told me that he would really like to have some salmon patties.  I did not have any salmon on hand so I decided this week I would throw together his request.  These are really good and depending on how you make them can be excellent for your health.  I have highlighted them before in my blog and probably will again soon!  To go with the salmon we will have the traditional black eyed peas and macaroni and cheese (for the kids, y'all know I cannot stand mac n cheese.)

Wednesday
Soup & Salad
Tonight is busy!  I will let Progresso do the cooking tonight.  To go with the soup I will throw together veggie plates and or salads.  

Thursday
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
There is a good old standby!  A couple weeks back my local Harris Teeter had an unadvertised deal of boneless, skinless chicken breast for .39 cents a pound.  I just purchased two packs (if I had room for a deep freezer,  I would have went a little crazy.)  For some reason I always keep BBQ sauce on hand so this is a great meal to have on reserve for these weeks where I'm out of ideas (yes, this week!)  I will serve up Preacher Taters and shoe peg corn with this dish.

Friday
Beefy Broccoli & Cheddar Burritos
This is a new recipe for me and it also fills the need my daughter has for some type of taco or burrito on each week's menu plan.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Saturday
Out to eat - I'm thinking we'll do Chic Fil A it tonight!

Sunday
Burgers
Right now the projected high for Sunday is 62 degrees (that's more like it!)  So I hope to pull out the grill and make like it is spring and grill away!  I plan to make corn on the cob and some sweet potato fries to go with our burgers.

From Pinterest:
I am making these this week for my post work out sweet treat.  









5 comments:

  1. Definitely share your salmon croquettes again! My kids love salmon and I'm always looking for a new way to serve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deena, look for it next week! I'll tag you when I post it out! Thanks for coming by and I hope your weekend was great! xo Amanda

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm now I'm hungry!! I have a recipe for the Salmon croquets, I'd love to try yours. Yay, just read Deenas reply, will look for them next week. Oh we just love the energy bites!! So yummy but I eat like 10 instead of one or two, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have weeks like this too. Something completely derails my menu and so I just put the ones I missed on the next week's menu. It totally happens, right??

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!