Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Just Makin' & Bakin'

Pass the dang nutmeg we are into week three of December now.  Ummmmm......am I the only one who finds this totally depressing?  All this festivity and fun that leads up to the BIG DAY and then you blink and the holidays are over.  I swear it is a big ole POOF and gone.

I'm trying not to get too sad as I look at the calendar.

Plus, I have so much fun stuff to do this week....

Gingerbread Cookies 101

We are baking....

Well, mama is.  Baking up some snicker doodle cookies, ranger cookies gingerbread cookies, Christmas crack, and cow patty cookies.
I just lost anyone from an urban area and anyone who has no relatives in the south or midwest.  Did she say she is making crack?  Oh my word!  No, no, not that kind of crack!  Saltine crackers, caramel, chocolate, m&m's....that kind of crack.  The kind that has no street value but total gift basket charm.
Then you read cow patty cookies and you may have thought - Oh organic!  She uses manure, very nice addition when you subtract out gluten and white sugar.  Will have to try.  Calm yourselves, white girls.  No I don't sub in poop they just look like a cow patties that have been smooshed down by a tractor.  They taste like heaven.  All is safe (with the white sugar, peanut butter, oats, and everything nice.)

As if that wasn't enough baking I'm also having four of my daughter's friends over to bake on Friday after school.  #helpmejesus



We are watching...

ELF!  That is the movie I have picked for this week.  I have some other stuff DVR'd for the kids.



We are making.....

Well the kids are painting some ornaments this week.  I bought some of the 97 cent ones at Walmart to keep them occupied one night this week (maybe).




We are celebrating....

Both kids wrap up school this week.  Our son is having a Christmas program on Wednesday at his school.  My daughter's is on Friday at her school.  She also has a Christmas party at our church.  Oh and both kids are to go decorate a Christmas tree at their Pappaw's this week.  Wait a second I just remembered we have company coming on Saturday (way to go, Amanda).  Sunday is a little Christmas program at my mom's church the kids are participating in.



I just got a little more busy than expected!

Share your fun holiday plans for this week!  Have you made anything cool lately?  Baked up something divine?  Had a dinner to die for?  Share it here or over on the Facebook Page!






2 comments:

  1. Seriously, where is the time going?? Sounds like a busy but fun week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack cooking mama, lol, love that sweet goodness and thank the lord I'm from Indiana, I knew, I knew!!! Bet your home smells ahhhhmazing!! Those kiddos are going to ROCK their programs and do ya proud!! Why oh why is December going so fast? Noooooo I don't want the magic to leave!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!