Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

I was going to skip this but it is so fun to be able to look back and see what was up!  So here's the last one of 2015....



What we're eating this week?

Monday I collaborated a little bit with good ole Martha Holmes.  We had dirty rice and succotash with crusty Italian bread.  Very good, actually!

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday....burgers, chicken pie, steaks.  I know, I know so freaking healthy!

What I'm reminiscing about?

Not a thing!  The holidays are pretty much kaput and we're gliding into a new year, let's do this.

What I'm loving?

Having my house back!  I mean this as in the decorations are pretty much packed away and I'm loving having my regular old non-decorated-for-the-holidays home back in action.  It also allows me to figure out how to get creative with it in a new year.


What we've been up to?

Breaking new toys!  Being totally relaxed and enjoying the break from school and staying in our pajamas way too long during the day.

What I'm dreading?

School starting back - and having to get out of those pajamas early and on out the door!  I'm also dreading winter arriving in North Carolina - I mean it is bound to happen at some point.  (I hate winter.)
 

What I'm working on?

Ideas with the house, ideas about my financial/occupational future, trying to decide how many vacations we can cram into 2016!

What I'm excited about?

A new year!!!  Some people get nervous over the start of another year but I really think it is a super fun time.  We can plan and try new things and maybe get around to things we didn't do in 2015.

What I'm watching/reading?

I've been watching my fair share of HGTV.  I need a new Netflix or Amazon show so you guys give me some input!
Over Christmas week I read Mary Kay Andrews' Christmas Books.  Now I'm reading: 

What I'm listening to?

Nothing in particular.  The Christmas music has stopped so I need to find some new jams.  I did listen to some old Rage from my high school days and was all into it - as was my three year old (oops!)

What I'm wearing?

Honestly?  This week I'm in stretchy pants and t-shirts and hoodies.  Keepin' it real.  I got some cute stuff for Christmas I cannot wait to rock it when I get to working again.

What I'm doing this weekend?

<crickets>  We were going to go see the Panthers but they lost last weekend.  That means we aren't going.  I'm hoping we'll do something fun maybe get a little kid break and go out to dinner (hint, hint, love.)  I would like am impromptu date night!
Image result for i am boring

What I'm looking forward to next month?

Hmm...January is pretty quiet around here. I do not have anything planned to do but maybe the bestie and I can squeeze in a craft date.  A date night with the hubby (second time I have mentioned that, noting) would be nice!

Anything else?

I hope you had a great holiday!  I also hope you have a very healthy and happy 2016.
















4 comments:

  1. Netflix shows - have you seen The Witches of East End? I LOVED this show. Shame it got cancelled. It's a Lifetime series, I know I KNOW, but it was actually good! Channing Tatum's wife is in it, Jenna Dewan.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I am getting my HGTV on big time too!! ;-) May 2016 be full of more fun and beautiful moments for you sweetie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been obsessed with Tiny House Hunters lately! I so wish all my Christmas decor was taken down. But since we're going away this weekend, it probably won't be until next weekend. Ugh.
    Happy New Year my friend! See you in 2016!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!