Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekending: The second one of December!




Is it insane that this month is 50% completed?

Here's a brief recap of our weekend - another good one for the books!
Made these :)

Yep, that's my son. Bahahahaha
 


Friday Fun
Friday evening turned into a girl's night.  The kids went to my mom's for the night (decorating the Christmas tree, movies, etc) and my bestie came down for a visit.  We had a great dinner at one of my little town's restaurant gems (visit Domingo's) and then came back here to craft.  My friend Heather also came over to craft with us!  I had shared with you here this really cool little mason jar luminary craft.  Well, I did it and it wasn't really a win and not a total fail.  Don't use a Sharpie, use a paint pen.  I'm still working on those things.

Epic fail of Friday? - I didn't take a single picture.


Just the girls chillin' in trees...
He's kinda gross...he went back home on Sunday.
My little boo boo angel - the tallish blonde one.  She wanted to yell out "For unto you a child is born" :)


Saturday
It is no secret a large majority of this country has had a pretty warm mid December.  NC is no exception.  Saturday it was 72 degrees and sunny.  Yes, I am the summer girl and love heat but I can tell you there are time when I am not a fan of "above normal temperatures."  When they are wreaking havoc on sinuses and causing headaches and sure to constitute a really bad cold when the regular temperatures roll back with a vengeance.  Yeah, that's when I'm not a fan of "above normal temps."

That doesn't mean we don't take advantage of them!

Saturday we spent lunch at the park with my friends Jen & Josh and his two kids.  We all enjoyed being outside in the nice weather.  My Little Man found a new "pet" - a snail he named Gary. (Spongebob, lately?)  That evening our daughter was in the nativity at our church so we enjoyed attending that and driving around looking at various homes' Christmas lights.  When we got home we all watched Jim Carey in How The Grinch Stole Christmas.  My son was sucked in within the first thirty seconds.  Neither kid made it through the movie so we lugged them to their beds and then sat by a bonfire in the backyard.

I spy a little winter beauty in my backyard.  So thrilled my camellias are finally blooming!


Sunday
Egh, the husband was called into work.  I spent the day doing laundry, vacuuming, all the crap I do all the time.  Fabulous life <wink>.  The kids went to church and I got some down time which is how I got ahead on the blog posts for the week.  Yay for ABC Family doing the Toy Story marathon.  My son is so captivated by Toy Story that I DVR'd them all in hopes to save some sanity over the cold months :)



The Week Ahead....

It is the last week of school before Christmas break for both of my kids.  That means there will be a lot of fun things going on for them at school.  My daughter's school has (the same as every year) holiday spirit week.  My son has Polar Express day tomorrow.

We have lots of fun things planned to do this week (check them out in tomorrow's post).

I hope you enjoy your week and have a safe and happy time.

Check back in tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!

    I am finding it seriously difficult to feel all Christmas-y when it's 70 degrees outside. Show me some snow flurries already!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!