Monday, December 21, 2015

The Weekend Before Christmas....

And BOOM Christmas was so close you could taste it.

 

Friday was the last day of school until January 4th of next year.  Both kids were home and tired by 1:30pm.  We rounded out our day with a trip to the library.  I picked up Mary Kay Andrews' Christmas Books Blue Christmas and Christmas Bliss.  The first one was nearly 100% complete by Friday night but I ended up forcing myself to slow down and finished it on Sunday.  Little Man fell asleep quite quickly on Friday night so the Diva and I cuddled up and watched the most depressing Christmas shows possible.  We started with A Home For Christmas on CBS - heart wrenching tales of adoption.  I could not watch it without being a sobbing mess.  Then we turned it over to a local station and watched Christmas in the Carolinas.  Umm...sobbing mess again!  One of the Charlotte news stations highlighted stories from the year including some miraculous stories and heart breaking stories.  I was snotting and bawling.  The Diva gave up on me and went to bed.  I went back to my book.




Saturday morning brought family from the other Carolina.  We had a little Christmas visit and traded gifts.  The kids were so excited.  I am deeming this Christmas a Paw Patrol Celebration.  We are covered and smothered in everything Marshall.  The Diva was excited to get a couple of new Lego Friends and Lego Elves kits.  The hubs took the kids to his dad's for a visit that afternoon and I took on the grocery store.  I swear...grocery prices get higher and higher every time I go!  All I want for Christmas is 1991 food pricing.  After that excruciating adventure I treated myself to a cappucino from DD and a phone call chat with my best friend.  Pray for her y'all, just do it.  We ended up a good day with Papa John's, football, and Zzzzz-ing.



Sunday our kids were in a Christmas program of sorts at my mother's church.  I really missed our church!  Little Man in all his 3 year old glory stole the show.  He was a mini wise man and really liked being in front of everyone.  The Diva was a very stoic shepherdess.  After that adventure we ate at our favorite steakhouse - Logan's with my mom and her husband.  We opted to take the long way home since it was so pretty out!  The troops were down for the count when we pulled in our driveway so I took to Walmart to purchase my Grandmother's gift.  She doesn't really know me and the kids she tries to place so guess what she is getting?  Ponds Cold Cream and chocolate.  (Per my mom.)  Speaking of Walmart can I share that I think Christmas is already over at that place.  The Christmas loot was all pushed to the back of the garden center and they have their January "Revamp Your Home' stuff coming out.  Ahhh retail.
Did you happen to catch the Panthers v Giants game?  That was close!  We watched it and then I got my HGTV fix.  Love It or List It <3

And now we're getting ready to start the big week!  SO much going on and I hope to share it with you all.  Check out Just Makin' & Bakin'.

Candy Canes & Shiny Things to you all!











1 comment:

  1. I think you're right about Walmart... that must be why I saw so many Walmart types at Target this weekend. It all makes sense now!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!