Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hold The Crayons! (Advent Calendar Created)

December 1st:  Time to get out the Advent Calendar.

Unless, like me, you forgot it.

So I made one!






I scored the sweet little bird cage inspired wall hanging for $9 a few weeks back at Michael's.  Of course I never intended to use it for this purpose but hey hey!

Next up I cut out the little "trees", numbered them, and on the back I wrote scripture for my daughter to look up for each day.  Admitting there are a few days where there is no scripture but an act of kindness to do or a special hint of a treat coming to her.

I happened to have some tiny clothes pins from another craft I did and they fit the frame!

I dressed it up with pictures of my babies, a couple of quickie ribbon bows, and accented it with our B and the hurricane vase.

Viola!

Simplicity works for me :)

Have you made anything from stuff you just have on hand?  Share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!