Thursday, September 3, 2015

Random Thoughts on a Thursday



Seniors are the best, most fun group.  I really enjoy working with them.  Note:  As in 12th graders not old people.  



About old people, be nice to them.  Today I witnessed a very rude NCDMV representative rip apart an elderly gentleman.  He was very harsh and condemning of him.  The worst part was the rep did all this in front of a room of waiting people.  You know getting older is tough and being close to 90 years old is a whole new bag of difficult.  Have some respect.



Just because you wear a uniform doesn't make you God.

If you have a high school junior or senior who want to attend a four year college then you need to go straight to The Common Application right this second and get them on the application bandwagon.  This site makes it SO INCREDIBLY EASY!

I switched from my vanilla coffee back to standard run of the mill coffee and it is odd.



I have no desire for anything pumpkin spice at this point in the fall.  Bahahaha that makes me giggle all you fall freaks and your pumpkins on your porch and fall flags waving in the wind.  Disclaimer:  I may have two pumpkins under an oak tree in my backyard.  



Two weeks in a row my kids have/will be enjoying grandparent time.  This is weird but good!  I appreciate some me time!

I have this goal to turn the AC off and not turn the heat on for at least 4 weeks.  I want to see just how low I can get my power bill.  I find these challenges totally fun.  Dork alert.

Admitting, I had a dream the other night that was so real and so scary.  The dream was: I was pregnant (terrible, horrible, bad nightmare) and it was so real I woke up and went to the bathroom, lifted my shirt and verified I was not harboring a basketball belly.  I rarely dream but when I do it is so vivid and real it makes me vomit.

I love weeks where I don't have to cook but for maybe two or three nights with one night consisting of SOUP.

If you need Christmas, Hannukah, or birthday wrapping paper or  I'm your girl.  Seriously, selling it for the next three weeks and it will be in an upcoming blog post!



I really need you to join my Alzheimer's Walk Team.  I have NO ONE on it.  Really it shocks me because I thought more people were wanting to help find a cure in any way possible.  If you think about it joining me to walk and pledging $20 isn't that difficult.  Or just making a donation if you're too far away or not able to walk is pretty awesome.  Get ready to see more promotion of this cause on the blog (again).

Why the crap did that plan fly like twenty feet over my house and scare the bajeezus out of me?



Two books on my read this fall list are:  The Hyacinth Girls & A Fall of Marigolds - anyone read these?

I have got to do some shopping today and it isn't budgeted til like tomorrow.  That's life.

Last week I did that bad movie post and I loved the feed back I received.  I need to critique some more movies I cannot make it past twenty minutes of huh?

My brother turned 20 today.  That's kind of weird.

We need to smile more.
Slightly addicted to mobile patrol app...













8 comments:

  1. that is so sad to read about someone being mean to a 90 year old I can't imagine sitting there and witnessing it. People are just so rude. How you treat people always reflects on oneself. tsk.
    I haven't heard of either of those books. I hope you enjoy them!

    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One book I just saw on the shelf at my library and the other was recommended by a friend!

      Delete
  2. Awww.... how sad!! Some people are just the worst! I always think of that quote "Kindness doesn't cost a thing...sprinkle that sh&t everywhere!!" So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when people are mean to the elderly. Seriously hate it. Thanks for bringing attention to this.

    TIf
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It drives me insane and karma can be a big fat bitty!

      Delete
  4. Omg I hate pumpkin lattes and candles and all that. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh come on one here or there isn't bad....when it is FALL :)

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!