Friday, September 11, 2015

Its not fall...Friday 5

Cup

Hello second weekend of September!  This may just be our last summer weekend around NC because I heard next weeks highs are set for the mid 70's.  I'll let you in on a secret:  I love summer because I freeze when the temp dips below 80 degrees.  Weird, right?

Well here's my bunch of five for the week!







1.  Labor Day is meant to be spent....laboring?

We got our shutters finished up on the house!
I planted some mums!
There is a new ceiling fan in my bedroom that doesn't wake me up in fear it is going to fall on me in my sleep!





2.  Tuesdays that take the place of Mondays are....

Killer.  Students were feeling the rut too.
My husband had to have dental work done and felt really bad afterwards.  Poor guy had to go on into work with a gross overall feeling and sour gum line.
I got to spend the after work hours with my daughter at her yearly physical.
90 degrees is not quite as fun when you have to wear grown up work clothes.



3.  Did I mention last weekend?

The kids spent 20 hours away.  I love my children with every cell in my body but a little mommy break is ahhhh-may-zing.  They had a blast with grandparents and I got to watch a bad movie, sip wine on the porch with my husband, enjoy a nice morning walk, visit the farmer's market, grocery shop, and do some housework in peace.

THEN my babysitter...I love that girl.  She's home from college, well she was, so she watched the kids for the hubs and I to have some dinner.  How rockin' is that?

Of course I was reminded how old I am at the dinner.  Afterwards there was nothing appetizing to do.  We sat around and talked with friends for an hour or two and then went home and watched Netflix.

Oh well, I'll take it.

 

4.  The week of health

This week was doctor week for three of the four of us.  My little girl (I can say that for like four more years right?) is the laziest tooth brusher ever so her dentist told her she HAD to brush 3x a day.  Go dentist, go!  So far so good.  I'll be on her about this.  She's growing really well and so tall.  Four feet five inches already!  At this rate she'll be my height by fourth grade.  Hold on...I think I did quit growing at fifth grade, darn it.  The heart breaker moment for this mom was the fact that Diva Child needs to get some glasses.  I carry the bad vision gene.  Just to be blunt with you - I have coke bottle glasses I wear at night.  No, really they are an inch thick.  All I can say is thank you JESUS for contacts.  Anyway, while Diva was taking that quick vision check she about melted because this year....she couldn't see it all.  I melted a little inside to. Then I was praying - Let her not have vision as bad as mine, please!

Yep we're headed to our favorite optometrist next week.

My husband and I had our very late physicals this week.  He checked out just great.  I'm awaiting my results from the blood work.  Fingers crossed they are A.O.K.

Oh and this girl started back to getting her run on with her kids and her kid brother who is on the job hunt.


Being cheesey is the only way to be. 


5.  The DAY Off

Was fabulous!  Thursday I scored the day off work (thanks doctor appointment) and it was fabulous.  My physical lasted all of maybe 20 minutes because I took the early appointment.  My husband and I were able to enjoy breakfast together at Awful Waffle (aka Waffle House) and then run some errands together.  But back to that Awful Waffle - do you realize how fabulous it is to sit in a restaurant and have no kids interrupting you or be in a rush?  Love my babies but time with my husband is coveted.  He was able to do some bush hogging and I was able to clean the house really good for a new season.

It did feel weird to not be around my favorite work crew and high school drama mamas.

There's the five!


Looking at the weather....here's to a rainy weekend of chilling out with the family.  I see movies, lots of movies in our future!

Happy Friday & Weekending to you!

Click here to go visit & like my Facebook page!







7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for cooler temps soon! The 90+ days were getting old. And so many fun date nights/alone time! Jealous :) Sounds like you had such a busy week! Thanks for linking up with us and have a great weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! I didn't have time for Friday Favorites this week but of course I had to stop by and check out yours! I have seen those Waffle Houses and always wondered if they were any good!
    Sorry your weather is dipping into the 70s but man am I glad!!! It was in the 90's here 3 days in a row this week and I was not happy!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to my first Waffle House a couple of weeks ago when we drove down to Disney World! I know what you mean about getting some quality time in with the husband. Any amount is appreciated! I also am so thankful for contacts because I also have coke bottle glasses and am practically blind. My husband wears glasses and so does my daughter. We know our son will eventually need them....not if, but when! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freeze when it's less than 80 degrees too, so I feel ya on that one! Glad you enjoyed your days off!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Days off are always fantastic :) And I must say I am jealous of the weather you will be having..it is another hot one here in Texas today, but I keep praying for more fall like weather soon :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! hopefully you get your TO DO list done, I need to start doing this!
    Prairie Girl in the Big Scary World

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!