Friday, September 18, 2015

Don't leave me hanging It is FRIDAY!


grab button for Bright on a Budget


September doesn't seem to be flying quite as fast to me.  I know as soon as I type that it will speed by like a NASCAR driver on a back road.

Here's my five....

That's my brother you freak!

1.  No I'm not his girlfriend.

Totally grossed out by this.  My kid brother and I went to get some miles in last weekend.  Afterwards we decided to grab some dinner.  He saw some of his friends from high school - he is 20 now, keep that in mind.  A couple days later one of his friends asked if I was his girlfriend.  I vomited for hours.  The comment was, "I heard you were dating an older girl. Was that your girlfriend with you Friday?"  Ewwwwwww nooooooo!


2.  Healthy Boy!

My son had his three year well check on Tuesday.  He's healthy and a whopping 35lbs and yard stick long.  I'm so blessed to have healthy babies.  After reading Christina's post about her sweet baby Thomas I am reminded to be super thankful for the gift of healthy babies.


3.  Date day with the hubs.

You may be aware my husband works pretty crappy hours and we don't see each other much.  Well on Wednesday we had a nice little date lunch.  We went to see our daughter at her school birthday lunch then enjoyed some Chinese food after we left there.  We caught up on Netflix and just had a nice midweek midday catch up.  It was great since I probably won't get to actually see him until Saturday.





A photo posted by Brownie (@abrownieworld) on
4.  Nail polish

Wet n Wild products were BOGO 50% off this week at Walgreens.  I love some Wet n Wild, maybe I'm channeling the inner 13 year old in me.  Anyhoo, I bought a couple new shades of nail polish and am in love with the light gold color!  My Diva is also sporting this color.  It is so fun for fall.


5.  PTO mom, oh my gahhhh!

I may have failed to mention this but this year I'm on the PTO Board at my kid's school.  I knew the PTO did nice things for the school but I failed to see just how important that they truly are.  This shiz is real y'all.  Monday was our first board meeting and it wasn't the regularly scheduled one.  If you can imagine about 8-9 women in a room planning out an event and catching up on already established events you can just see the mental chaos and hear the laughter!  We were full speed ahead which is a great thing.  Support your school's PTO this year they really need the love, volunteerism and help.








4 comments:

  1. What a great nail color! I love those foil-y metallics! And the "I'm a cool mom" gif had me cracking up. Oh, Amy Poehler. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to do something with my nails now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mid-week lunch date! it's such fun, and such a boost to the rest of the week. How fun! And that story about your brother - crazy!!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha...love that your brother's friend thought you were his gf!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!