Thursday, September 24, 2015

H54F (yeah acronym that!)

H54F - A weekly link up, hosted by Cup of Tea, Bright on a Budget, Coffee with Caitlin & Della Devoted

Another week has slipped by and I'm just like....WINE GIVE ME WINE!  Oh well here's five random things from this week that I have loved, not loved, and decided upon.  Oh and an extra number six too!




1.  New Glasses!



My sweet girl entered the world of spectacle donning last weekend.  She was so excited to get her glasses last weekend.  I must admit the vision issue is a gene from her mama.  Here's praying and hoping her eyes do no end up as bad as her mama's :(  #cokebottlesforrealyall

2.  Therapy for me....




I have a secret.  I love refinishing furniture.  My husband and I have these old 1970's crap nighstands.  I hated them with a passion.  Last weekend I took it upon myself to finally refinish them (I've only been saying I would for about seven months).  Knowing that good weather is quickly fleeting I grabbed my sanding supplies and paint and went to work!  I'm very happy that I could use leftover materials from last year's unhappy event to make these babies look so much better!  I only spent $14 on new hardware.  #yeahididthat

3.  I froze in summer.



Really.  Monday was still the summer season and this girl froze her tail off.  It was about 67 degrees and I was in a hoodie.  I better adjust.  #floridaineedyou

4.  Awesome Wednesday!



My daughter and I had a lovely afternoon, just the two of us, on Wednesday.  It was her early release from school so we ventured to Target and spent well over 90 minutes in that piece.  I think we looked at everything in the store and bought some fun Halloween/Fall stuff from the dollar bin.  She was so fun to be with!  Yes, she's growing up and that is tough but this trip was excellent and one I've been thinking about all week.  We wrapped up our girl's afternoon with a trip to Sweet Frogs and met my second bestie Jen.  She happened to bring a long her boyfriend's daughter and I'm happy to report she and my little lady hit it off phenomenally!  For mom friends you know that is a huge score! #mommyhoodrocks

5.  Time Management 101.



I feel like I need that course again.  The past two weeks have had me out of sorts.  This week I was ready to bawl my eyes out.  I decided it is time to readjust my schedule and that means the blog is going to 3 days a week posting.  Wait, no maybe 4 but not six anymore.  I love blogging and find it to be a great outlet for me.  However, life is saying to get the scissors out and start trimming some things.  I plan to keep my Let's Eat posts going, Wednesday's NC posts, and of course these High Five posts going. #aintnobodygottimetogocrazy

6.  One to grow on :)

Image result for happy birthday

Today is my Aunt Sue's birthday.  I've sung her praises before on the blog but she deserves them again and again.  Words cannot express how valuable she is to our family and everyone who knows her.  She is a truly selfless soul who gives and gives.  My kids and myself love her to pieces and we want her to have a wonderful birthday!
On Sunday my grandma will turn 89 years old.  Though she battles Alz/Dementia this is also a celebration.  We love her so much and she means the world to all of us (even if we are strangers now).  In honor of her birthday I am posting the link to the End Alzheimer's Walk I am participating in.  In her honor of the honor/memory of someone you love consider a gift $5, $8, $20 it does not matter!  Let's End Alzheimer's so that the future will be clear and full of beautiful memories!

#endalz

Here's that link.








12 comments:

  1. Have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!!! With lots of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to do that. I bought a new bottle just the other day. Netflix, wine, bed. Ahhhh :) You have a fabulous one too lovely!

      Delete
  2. Great job on the night stands! Love them! Glad you had a lovely afternoon with your daughter. One on one time with the kiddos is the best! Oh...Target $1 bin...I got these super cute Halloween plates there! $1 sure beats the $30 Pottery Barn Halloween plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly! Target Dollar Bin FOREVER!!!! xoxoxox

      Delete
  3. Love those night stands! You did a great job! I'd like to think I'm crafty and could do something like that....but I really can't! My daughter was so excited when she got her glasses in first grade. My husband and I both wear glasses (or in my case, contacts) so she and my son are doomed to have bad eyes. Now in 4th grade she's asking when she can get contacts! Have a great weekend! Stopping by from H54F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably do it! Buy a cheap piece at Goodwill and play with it! We contacts girls have to stick together!!! Thanks for coming by :)

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday aunt Sue! I have an aunt Sue too! I am so happy that you and your daughter had a great day together and what better place to do it and then target! I could spend hours in that place in fact I have to laugh because I'm on my way there now, ha ha! I hope you have a glorious weekend sweet lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, and happy birthday to grandma too! Hugs hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I lived closer I would try to con you... um, I mean recruit your help... to refinish the side table I inherited from The Man's grandmother which I have been meaning to paint and put new hardware on for Ages!
    You made me laugh with the cold. I was SO happy to get these nice cool temps this week. I don't do well with heat. Anything over 75 starts feeling too hot for me. We hit 80 and fuggitaboutit !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right there with you girl, I love redoing furniture! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!