Sunday, September 27, 2015

Let's Eat

Grab a fork and dig in.  It is tine for this week's food piece!

To celebrate fall, we pull out our crock pots!

Breakfast....

Now that it is officially fall you can trust the best apples are ripe.  You can also trust that this girl has oatmeal ready to go in the crisp mornings that autumn offers.  I love oatmeal, my kids love oatmeal, my husband doesn't eat, and my dog is all about any human food.

Apples and oatmeal go together like -

overnight apple oatmeal

Overnight Apple Oatmeal

Two power foods melding together in your crock pot while you catch your beauty sleep - sounds perfect.  It does call for a bit more of the sugar and butter than you want for a heart healthy option.  Be smart and do some subbing - if you cannot have butter use a margarine or butter knock off.  For sugar you can sub in stevia or any other healthier option.

Lunch

I mentioned in August how awesome bento boxing is.  Last year the fad was salads in a jar.  Now I am loving the way bento is going a step further to "lunch bowls" - one bowl chock full of healthy and yummy food.  Though it may look like grown up food these are great for kids too.  My bowl pick for the week is Easy Burrito Bowls

Easy Burrito Bowls - Skip Chipotle and try these burrito bowls right at home. It's easier, healthier and 10000x tastier!

I love how this will work great for dinner too!

Dinners

Last weekend we purchased an 8lb bag of potatoes.  This isn't normal for us.  Why did we buy an 8lb bag when we rarely eat potatoes?  Because it was cheaper than buying 4 single spuds.  My husband said, "You can make potato soup."

Smart man.

Slow Cooker Skinny Potato Soup
Slow Cooker Skinny Loaded Potato Soup, healthy comfort food!!! | The Cookie Rookie

Slow Cooker Italian Chicken


Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce
Weight Watchers Beef and Mushrooms

Happy slow cooking!!!







2 comments:

  1. Oh better than chipotle! Sounds good.
    I'm not a huge chipotle person anyway. The calories are obnoxious for it supposedly being a healthier option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently acquired a slowcooker, so that I can make sure my parents eat well now that both of them have marked health issues (left to his own devices, I'm pretty sure Dad would eat nothing but hot dogs and potatoes; can we say "scurvy"?). Lord but some of these sound great. Many many thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!