Friday, September 4, 2015

Raise 'Em Up




She was so tiny! Now she is EIGHT YEARS OLD!  My High Five for this Friday is my wonderful little girl in honor of her birthday (today!)








1.  She LOVES books.

I instilled the reading gene pretty early in this kid.  Before she was ever out of my warm and cozy womb she was being read to.  I read children's books, novels, and news articles out loud while she was still baking.  After she was born I read to her all the time and even when she would wake up at 3AM fussy.  She started reading around three years old and has been a strong reader ever since.  I am a mama and I am so proud of this.  I wish reading came easy for all children and it really upsets me when a child or adult struggles to read.  Maybe my little girl will work to change that as she gets older!

She recommends these books for your kids:  The Puppy Palace Series, Bridge to Terabitha, Junie B. Jones series, Judy Moody books, and all books by Dave Pilkey.

2.  She LOVES some Barbies.

I guess she gets this honest because I, too, was a Barbie Girl....in a Barbie World.  However, she only likes the ones that have straight arms and not bent arms.  Get it right people there is a difference.  She likes them because you can collect them and she also likes to create clothing for them....trust me on this I've seen what she can do with a pair of scissors and a Barbie dress.

Her favorite Barbie with her birthday was her Birthday Month Barbie.

3.  That girl is all about rule following.

I have a child that colors within all lines.  I respect that and love that and hope that she will always be a good kid.  So maybe in ten years I'll look back on this blog post and thing, "What went wrong?"  but I pray not because one thing we want for our kids is for them to have a good head on their shoulders.

4.  She is a rock star.

This past year she's been into music more than ever.  Yes, she is a Taylor Swift wannabe.  She rocks out to Swift here at the house and in the car (no, I never join in, never ever ever...bahahaha).  Now she's into writing her own songs and her influence is pretty clear...Ms. Swift.
She's a rock star in some other ways too...she helps out with her brother (eventhough they argue like they are closer in age).  She is a lover and wants to stand up for the kids who are quiet and get bullied.  She has a big fat heart and it makes her a pretty cool person to know.

5.  She is the best thing ever.

If her brother ever reads this I hope he doesn't slam his computer down at this point.  My daughter changed my life in ways only a little girl can.  She was the first born and that role comes with some pretty cool traits (just look at her mom, also a first born <wink>).  She's taught me how to be a better contributor to this planet and how to slow my roll.  She's made me see the good when I think stuff is rotten stinky.  She's been my sunshine in a thunderstorm.  I was blessed by being chosen to be her mom and I know my husband feels the same way about his role as her dad.  I look forward to every day with her because she (just like her brother) are the chambers of my heart running around in this big little world.
























8 comments:

  1. What a little sweetheart! And she's gorgeous, too. What a proud mom accomplishment that she loves to read so much. I wish I loved it as much now as I did when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids always grow up too fast! It's fun to look back on the memories. I love that picture of the carved pumpkin in the background :) Visiting from H54F, have a wonderful weekend!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post and what a sweet daughter! Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... darn it - You made me tear up a little! Glad I haven't bothered to put on any makeup this morning. As a mom to a (now grown) daughter, this got me right in the heart. Happy birthday to your girl!!

    Beckey
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
    http://queenbsbusywork.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to HER!!!
    Of course, she is ALL about following the rules. And the musical performances and love of books. Girl, she is totally 100% a #Virgo.
    She will also be extremely picky with her friends and her future boyfriends/mate. And who she does let in and care for/love she will love with all of her soul. Totally Virgo traits.
    I hope she has the best birthday ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post. My daughter is also eight and LOVES Barbies. I wish she loved books. I LOVE books and I always read to her, always bought her books, but it doesn't seem to catch on for her :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw happy birthday! She sounds like the best gal ever!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful birthday tribute to your daughter. I hope she has a great birthday. The pictures are adorable. And that's so great that she loves to read!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!