Sunday, September 13, 2015

Let's Eat!





Here's Let's Eat for September 13-19th, 2015!


We’re getting closer to fall so my palate is starting to change just like the weather patterns.  I am looking for more versatile meals and trying to cater to yet curb my sweet tooth.  September is a busy month so let’s look at some meals to help us take a load off in the kitchen!


Breakfast

Around our home the kid is still eating skimpy at breakfast – a Nutri-grain bar and a yogurt.  I am still stuck on my bagels but ready to get some of the fun flavored ones for the season change.  We’re also moving towards a muffin kick around the house.  However, I’m toying with some recipes.  Here are a few to share with you…

Customizable Protein-Packed Oatmeal Cups
These are the protein packed muffins and they are customizable!



Lunches

My favorite lunch is a spinach salad with chopped boiled egg, black olives, celery and chopped tomato.  Mmmm, truly love it my favorite, for reals.

This week several dinners will be able to be packed in the old box de lunch.  I will just heat them up and then toss them in so the Diva will enjoy them a few hours later in the cafeteria.

Planetbox Giveaway
Great ideas for kids and adults from one of my favorite sites!

My lunch pin of the week comes from Family Fresh Meals I adore this site for food ideas!  Last week’s lasagna soup was picked up from this site as well.  These ideas are kid and adult friendly.   They also help make the shopping list a bit simpler.



Dinner

As you already know we’re a soup family.  We love some soup all the time and any time.  This week I’m going to make a stew in place of our regular soup night.  The stew I have decided on is Cowboy Stew and I’m using the recipe from Betty Crocker.  This is hearty stew that I think I will be able to stretch from dinner to the lunchbox the next day.  

Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe Ingredients

If you follow my Pinterest boards then the next meal is not surprise. Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing will probably be a huge hit with my kids and husband.  I will be honest with you, I’m not too thrilled to make this because the sodium level is going to be insane.  Expect me to tweak this dish and I’ll give you a full report on it on a future Tasty Tuesday post!

You may remember a week ago my kids were turning all Italian on me wanting lasagna and spaghetti in the same week.  Last week I agreed to make the lasagna soup.  This week I’m going to bring back my classic baked spaghetti.  I love to make this dish because we always have leftovers.
Finally, I think we’re past due on having a big fat salad night.  I plan to fire up the grill and throw some marinated chicken on and make a large and fresh spinach and dandelion salad complete with cukes, tomatoes, egg, carrots, and whatever other veggie the kids are up for.

Well that’s this week in a nutshell.  I hope you have a relaxing and wonderful Sunday or Monday (or whatever day you are reading this).  I appreciate you and would love to hear from you too!



  




4 comments:

  1. MMM lasagna soup? Some great ideas here! I'm going to start doing smoothies again for breakfast. Better than the donuts I prefer....crave lol. Happy Sunday!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! I was just thinking the other day that it was about time to make some pumpkin muffins. I've got to get back to doing better with breakfast this week. The last couple of weeks I have found myself skipping or just having a piece of sun butter toast. My fav are the super easy box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin kind. We're having some chicken and veggie stir fry with brown rice. Picked up some pasture raised pork sirloin chops that looked really good at Earth Fare - which I think I'll be fixing up with an apple - soy marinate. A vegetarian chili, and maybe some black beans and rice for our second vegetarian meal. And probably a breakfast for dinner to round out the week.

    Beckey
    http://reallyreallyrealhousewives.blogspot.com
    http://queenbsbusywork.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!