Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall Bucket List 2015

Kimberly's post reminded me that this year I do have some fun things I want to do this fall.  My summer bucket list was a failure but I think the fall one will be much more successful.  Without further ado here's the list de fall bucket.

1.  Attend a new fall festival (or two).  I would like to go to a Saturday event in a town that I have never been to.  We've done up the Pumpkin Festival in Elkin and we've visited the Apple Festival in Wilkesboro.  This year I'm looking for a different one to check out and have some family fun at.

2.  State Fair it up!  I love the NC State Fair.  I honestly believe we have the best one around and yes I am so biased on that.  Our fair offers up all the agriculture you love:  critters, tractors, crops, food, and so much  more.  It also has a great midway (though I hate fair rides, I do not trust anything you can fold up and move).  Let's not forget the fair and the deep fried everything (side note:  I don't eat it but it smells good!).  They normally have a great concert line up but this year I'm not impressed...just saying.  Our daughter hasn't been to the State Fair in six years so its time to go back.

3.  Make this with my kids....
Thankful Hand-print Pumpkin - doing this!!!  May try and find a way to carve into a similar effect.:
Sweet craft for moms and babes.

4.  Speaking of that - have a crafting date with my bestie.  We've been semi planning this for a couple weeks now.

5. Begin our Sunday Dinner Group.  I've been wanting to do this for a couple months now.  Fall is a great time to have friends over I just want them to bring a dish or two (great time to try out that new recipe) and maybe a bottle of wine.  I'll provide the main course and something for the sweet tooth.  Let's just get together and eat and enjoy the company.  I want this to happen ASAP!

December 31 – The final original Calvin and Hobbes comic strip is published.:
I agree Calvin & Hobbs, I agree!

6.  That leads into the next one:  Bonfire night!  Retro thinking:  hotdogs, marshmellows, smores, chicken stew, chili whatever but give me a yard chair, blanket, hoodie, and some good wine and a fun group of people.  Bonfire night 2015 will be planned!

7. Make some new comfort crockpot healthy foods, like this:

Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew.. Tested this for my Shrinking On a Budget Meal Plan last week - just now getting around to Pinning it. Fantastic! I made a few changes, but mostly stuck with the recipe. Perfect for fall!:
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken Stew

8.  I may be dreaming but....Go to the beach for a weekend :)

9.  Go to a Panther's game or an NCSU game.

10.  Find our way to the mountains for a night or two.

Stunning fall color along the Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina - looking at Second Falls at Graveyard Fields
This is the NC Mountains in the fall...pretty huh?

Now it is your turn to share your fall bucket list or to do list with me!  Comment something you want to do this autumn.









2 comments:

  1. Can your fall bucket list just be mine? My favorites are: bonfire, football game, fall festival! I want to do all those... not sure if they'll happen or not,,,

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!