Monday, September 7, 2015

Let's Eat!




Hey, hey!  Another week of prepping, cooking and eating ahead.

Well we made it past the second full week of school and today we're rockin' a holiday. All I can say is so far SO good!

I noticed last week that my daughter became interested in eating breakfast again.  She wanted a yogurt and a Nutri Grain bar.  To be completely honest with you she's easing into wanting mom to cook large, elaborate breakfasts (a.k.a. homemade waffles) by the end of the month.  Just watch.

Image result for nutrigrain bars

The last Sam's trip I ventured out on I picked up a multi pack of Nutri Grain bars which included a box of the apple cinnamon, blueberry, and strawberry.  Also worth noting the box had a code in it for a free book of my daughter's choosing.  Scholastic and Kellogg's teamed up to do this wonderful program.  We ordered a book by Dave Pilkey, you know the Captain Underpants genius.

I'm telling you all this to inform you of a great program and to say, it is OK to feed your kid a Nutri Grain bar and yogurt for breakfast. (Especially when it comes with a free book.)

Snacks

Right now is a great time to buy:

Apples
Grapes
Pears

And you know what else?  Those are fabulous snacks.  If you leave the peel on they are even more fabulous because a lot of the nutrition is in the skin/peel.

Pair these with a protein so they stick around longer on the tummies.  I suggest nut butter and cheese sticks and Greek yogurt!

Dinners
(Wait, did she skip lunch?)

I mean this is why you read this post, right? Riiiiiiight.

Since I'm working more this week I'm relying on my old trust friend Mr. Crock Pot. I asked my kids last week what they wanted for dinner this week and this is what I heard:

"SPAKETTI!"
"LASAGNA!"

I was baffled are my children blonde Italians?

I cannot do spaghetti and lasagna in the same week.  I just cannot do that to my intestines.  So instead I'm making this....
Leftovers for lunch
Click here for this site!
We are going to fill the soup night with a crock pot LASAGNA soup!  Kids are happy because they get soup (their favorite) and one of their requests (lasagna).  Then it will go into the lunchbox the next day as not a soup but a lasagna.  How fabulous is that?  Totally.

(Ahhh she didn't skip the lunch grouping...you're comprehending that now.)

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves: Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halvesBeef Nacho Casserole - cheesy and DELICIOUS!: Beef Nacho Casserole - cheesy and DELICIOUS!This Sloppy Joes is so easy to make and taste way better than sloppy joes in a can. I promise anyone can make this easy recipe!: This Sloppy Joes is so easy to make and taste way better than sloppy joes in a can. I promise anyone can make this easy recipe!


Our other meals of the week include:
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken
Fun meal:  Sloppy Joe's

Here's why I skipped lunch....

A lot of the main courses this week will carry over to lunches this week!  I love versatility in meals.  This will save a lot of money and time.  In case you haven't noticed your grocery bill tends to rise during the school year.









3 comments:

  1. Crockpot lasagna soup sounds like something I need to make!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything I can throw in a pot and let cook itself all day is a winner for this girl LOL

      Delete
  2. I will be over for dinner every night this week! The lasagna soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!