Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekending....



Warning - I took no friggin' pictures over the weekend so I'm supplementing this post with an scads of gifs.

Friday was absolutely gorgeous after I left work.  The babes had a kids only event to attend and my brother and I hit the local park to get some pavement stomped on.  We were enjoying a little Starbucks afterwards when the lady over the kids only event called.  They said the three year old had had a terrible diaper and they couldn't find a change of clothes.  (Hmmm, he wasn't in a diaper per say and I'm so confused.  He's in potty training but he's normally not messing up outfits.)



Off to go get the kids....

I get there and:

1.  My son's clothes are clean.
2.  I take him to the bathroom to change him into pajamas and find that:
      a) He has a diaper that is not his on backwards.
      b)  He has not been cleaned since said diaper was put on him.



I channeled my inner royalty and I smiled politely.  I grabbed up our stuff (you know his bag with pull ups and a CHANGE OF PANTS in it).  I said:



To say I was angry was a bit of an understatement.  Realizing the child in charge of the preschool aged kids was probably afraid of diaper changes and anything not related to One Direction unnerved me even more.  I just do not know if we will go back to that event again.

Since our plans were altered I decided to scar the kids for life and take them to Walmart on a Friday night.  Oh and don't forget my son is now in pajamas.  Oh yes, I went there friends.  Let this be a foreshadowing of Saturday as well.



Now I am being honest when I say our Walmart adventure was simply awesome.  The kids had a blast and became so freaking tired while we there.  Yes indeed when we got home they were both in so much culture shock that they immediately went to bed.

After a sanitizing session (of course) - gotta get those Wally World Wacko Cooties off!



Saturday was freakin' lazy fabulous.  It was raining and the kids had plans without me (I sound like a bad mom but I'm not, I'm a tired/stressed/worn out mom aka normal.  So any time I get some help I take it like diabetic on metformin.)

Y'all I rode to Bojangles in my pajamas - that is the God's honest truth.  I didn't opt for appropriate attire because...


I wasn't totally lazy - I did do housework and caught up on Nashville.

Around 6 I got ready to go meet my best Jen and her man Josh.  For nearly three hours I laughed so hard that I was like:



I also found a new beer I really, really like.  Like really like.  Jen shared some of her AMB Porter with me and I was like - hello!  It tastes like coffee, people!  LIKE COFFEE!

By the time I got home my wonderful hubby was home from work.  It sucks going out without him - really.  I found that at dinner I would look at the empty chair beside me expecting him to be sitting there.  Truth is out:  I like being a married and having my best friend with me.  When I pulled into our driveway and saw his truck already there I was one happy girl.



Sunday was family day.  We skipped church and headed to Greensboro for the day.  We, along with fifty billion other people, went to the new Field & Stream store.  It was like a Bass Pro, Gander Mountain, and all the other "competitors" - meh.  We'll go back after the new has worn off and Christmas shopping season is in.  You know, because we love some crowdage.

I have good news. Instead of having to drive 25 minutes to Krispy Kreme I now only have to drive 15 minutes.  A new one opened up last week and we hit that bad boy up on Sunday afternoon.  The coffee sucks (never liked it) but the donuts....yes, heaven.



Our night was football and selfies of the dog....yes seriously.



Isn't she cute?  Yes, of course she is.

So that's my weekend...how was your's?!?!



2 comments:

  1. Eh it was ok! Nothing too exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that krispie Kreme lol! I would be pissed about the Friday night incident! Wth?!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!