Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap

Friday was a day of no school - hello work day.  

That evening the kids had a sleepover at the grandparent's and I had a hot date with my bestie to craft.

I didn't do anything fabulous.  She did


.

We had so much fun catching up, gabbing, and laughing.  Next month we'll make the same things so we can have a better flow.  Yes, I said next month.  We're going to make some Christmas presents, woo hoo!



Saturday I slept til 9:00 - shut the front door!  It was sooo nice and guys I could have slept later if I would have allowed myself to.  We picked the kids up from the grandparent's hacienda and on the way home Little Man crashed.  That left me some time to do some housework and um work on replying to emails and updating the blog.  Fun stuff.

Saturday evening the hubs was at work.  The kids and scooted over a county and hit up their Goodwill to find some treasures.  Thank God for Target donating to Goodwill.  My daughter scored  brand new, tags still on, bike helmet for $3!  Afterwards we headed to Chicfila.





My ode to Chicfila

Oh Chicfila, oh Chicfila
How precious is your restaurant
Oh Chicfial, oh Chicfila
How precious is your restaurant


When I am tired and feeling like crap

Your staff is there to smile and chat
My kids can eat and then go play
And I can chill and recuperate


Saturday night can be recapped by this:


The kids got new boots.
Their dad was home before bed time!
We vegged out to Downton Abbey.

Then Sunday came and with it a sour tummy for Little Man.

Hello you chalky life saver of a liquid...

I did take it to Walgreens and Food Lion looking like some common Walmart rough neck.  Stretchy pants, three sizes too big hoodie, bad hair, no make up....yeah I was hot (a hot mess).


We went to Applebee's for a birthday lunch (family).  I hate those chain restaurants, specifically Applebee's - ugh gross.  I ate with caution.

No this was not my cart but it made me giggle.

After a quick stop at Harris Teeter (beer special, gotta be honest) we headed home. 

Our night was cleaning house, pork chops, football, and life lessons with my brother who wears perpetual ear muffs.


I hope your Monday has been awesome!  See ya tomorrow.










1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!