Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend REcap

Wow we had a great weekend!  I hope you did too.  Around here the weather was amazing with blue skies and all that awesome fall color.  Here's a few snapshots of it all....



If you "like" the Facebook Page then you saw the link for the Peanut Butter Monster Cookies.  We so made those on Friday night!  The kids and I had a blast.  Cookies made from scratch cannot be beat.  I also like to (dork moment coming...) turn it into a science lesson.  We talked about what each ingredient does to the recipe (aka how it helps) and what happens if we leave certain ingredients out.  We also talked about physical and chemical changes.  Hey, learning should be FUN!

I can tell you my house is not a diabetic safe zone this time of year. Cookies do not last long at all around here!

After the kids were tucked into bed and fast asleep I got a text from my brother.  He had me a pair of NCSU v. Wake Forest tickets.  It is no secret I'm a Wolfpack girl.  I was super excited about getting them.

Unfortunately, it was super late and I couldn't fasten down childcare.



No worries - my mom rocks.  She and her husband took the kids to a benefit they were playing.

My husband and I had a blast!  I really loved how this was a Wake game but it was a sea of red in BB&T Field!

We won 35-17.

Unfortunately, during the game this girl, named me, had a horrible headache.  No, it was not induced by anything in a bottle...NCAA rules y'all.  Plus we didn't tailgate.

Hickory Tavern for burgers after the game to help heal the headache!  Didn't work though.  The stupid thing kept at it.



When we picked the kids up around 5:00 we spotted a HUGE red tail hawk doing some hunting at my mom's house.  He could have cared less about us ambiguously spying on him.  My picture does not do justice to the size of that bad boy.



After some yard time around our house - mowing, sweeping, sorting through the outdoors crap - we came in and watched Paddington.  I know it is old, since it came out in February, but it was such a great movie!  We all laughed a lot and you know you're a little cray cray when you and your husband immediately say - It's the guy from Downton - as soon as the movie starts.



Sunday found us at church.  Our church introduced their new logo and I really like it!  Afterwards, we came home and had soup for lunch then carved pumpkins.  I don't have a picture because I was super frustrated that my tree I was so dilligently working on fell apart.



The kids had a trunk or treat to attend with my mom and her husband.  That's the regular house cleaning time for the hubs and I.  But not before a walk in the woods!  Oh and when the kids came home...candy, candy, candy (goes great with those cookies mentioned at the start).

Our weekend wrapped up with some Panther football, reading, and Zzzzz-ing.

I hope your weekend rocked out!







5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend, despite the headache! Those cookies look delicious and so funny that you turned it into a science lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great (and tasty) weekend! I love making cookies (just hate the cleaning up part so I never do it). Sucks about that stupid headache! Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanutbutter monster cookies?! Oh my goodness, yum!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cracked up over the diabetic comment!! I want those monster cookies ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Loved the "dark moment"! HAHA! That cracked me up! I've been wanting to watch Paddington. My 2 year old loves the books. Would she like the movie??

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments! Let's connect!